Techie found dead in front of burnt computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkmkmk

In the zone
Techie found dead in front of burnt computer

CHENNAI: A young software engineer working with Tata Consultancy Services was killed in a suspected computer blast at his home on Telugu Brahmin Street in Velachery late on Friday. The incident took place when Vijayakumar (28), hailing from Madurai, was working on the computer. Police said his charred body was found in a sitting posture. “We are yet to ascertain the cause of the blast. The computer was completely damaged and the deceased was charred,” a police officer told TOI. Vijayakumar was sharing the house with two other software engineers, Vignesh (26) and Ram Prasad (26). When the accident occurred Ram Prasad was in the room with Vijayakumar, police said. “Ram Prasad had gone to take bath. He told us that suddenly he heard a blast and when he rushed out he saw the charred body of his friend and fainted,” the officer said. However, the case has baffled the investigating officers. “It sounds quite unbelievable. We have not heard of such a case before. But the scene of the accident seems to suggest that the youth was killed in an accident as his body was in the sitting position in front of the burnt computer,” the official added.

*timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4357502.cms

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hey, dat news published in TOI a few days ago.
I was wondering how could a computer burst? I could only think of UPS...

Any other parts are there which can burst??? *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/75.png

amol48

Searching...

Any other parts are there which can burst??? *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/75.png

Whatever but even a UPS can't burst big enough to burn you till death. There's definately something 'lot' more to this!

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!

A CRT monitor may burst if it becomes too much hot!!:sad:

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Think of the possibilities! One of the two others could have had it in for him. Or it might have been suicide. Or this could be a case of one of those cell phones going boom.

@amol: It's nice to know I'm (probably) not insane :D.

'Agent-47-exists' theories anyone??? :D

Didn't any of you read the report fully ? It says he was found in SITTING position. Had it been a normal case of hardware blowing up, he should have been thrown backwards off the chair.

And remember, nothing in a desktop PC can blow up like that. On overheating desktops usually crash, not blow up. Such things is known to happen only in faulty laptop batteries and the blast still won't be as intense.

This means either the whole setup was rigged to explode and then the body put BACK onto the chair, in which case the witness becomes a suspect, or, it was another of those freaky and rare cases of Spontaneous Human Combustion. I am inclined to believe SHC didn't happen because most records describe that the body burns from the inside and here there was an EXPLOSION.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom