Team India suspend Australia tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vaibhavtek

ICC bows down :D
Bucknor removed for the next match officially.Now waiting for the other decision.I am sure that will go india's way as well.

Just reiterates the fact that who rules the cricket fraternity :D

Good *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/03a.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/16a.gif *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/36.gif

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
ICC bows down :D
Bucknor removed for the next match officially.Now waiting for the other decision.I am sure that will go india's way as well.

Just reiterates the fact that who rules the cricket fraternity :D

ya ..just saw cnn-ibn .... good newz ! i think india will look for a kill in perth !

RaghuKL

Swalpa Adjust Maadi
Aussies should take crash course in indian swear words.. They should better learn to differentiate "ma# ki" gaali's and "monkey"...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
IMHO all the 3 umpires should not be allowed to stand in the remaining matches and Ponting should be banned for the series.

I agree with the double standard post. Ponting was let off without even a warning. This is bad; for everyone.

New

Padawan
^agreed..Ponting and his teammates are shameless persons..They just wanted to win the test at any cost.ICC should ban both umpires..

nix

ok, ICC bows. but now if the indians lose the third test also... then it will be a real shame. after all this hue and cry, its upto them to show what they're made of. the aussies will be more determined than ever to defeat india.
im just warning that its really gonna be bad for india if they lose the third test...

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
koi bataega ki ye jhagara fashad kyun ho raha hai:mrgreen: i dont hav tv n i had exams so no cricket :sad:
some1 give link to all those details. i can find it in google thought but wat actually happened, u guys would be knowin more as u would hav seen durin the match :cool:

Pat

Beyond Smart
Man,I cant believe you missed all the action :eek: India has been fuming over the past few days owing to horrendously bad umpiring,ban on harbhajan (accused for racial abuse by Symonds) etc. etc.Visit cricinfo.com and read the articles.That will provide a detailed account of what all happened.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
ICC 'soften' up after England back India on umpiring issue

In the India versus Australia crisis arising out of umpiring blunders and allegations of players abusing each other, the wind in the last 24 hours is suddenly blowing India's way. A rigid International Cricket Council, which in recent years has rarely been a 'friend' of India, has suddenly been obliging Sharad Pawar and Company with decisions that should make the Indian cricket board content. The decision to oust Steve Bucknor from the third Test at Perth, to slap level 3 charges against an offensive Bradd Hogg and then appointing Ranjan Madugalle to oversee the functioning of match referee Mike Procter, clearly indicate a change in track by the ICC bosses. Apparently, India found support from unexpected quarters during Tuesday's ICC teleconference among Test-playing nations.

Till about the wee hours of Tuesday, the ICC was adamant that Bucknor would stand in the Perth Test. ICC was categoric that as per convention, member nations had no business to complain after match officials were appointed. So Bucknor was apparently safe. By lunchtime, ICC was swallowing all its authority – Bucknor replaced by New Zealander Billy Bowden. Sources reveal ICC officials (read: Malcolm Speed) was snubbed by almost all Test playing nations during a teleconference to discuss the crisis in Australia. By virtue of the fact that India and Australia were two nations directly involved with the happenings during the Sydney Test, they played "passive" roles. But the BCCI officials had obviously done their homework better.

Sri Lanka were vociferous about the umpiring. It was expected because the Lankans are now headed by a man – Arjuna Ranatunga - who hates Aussie dominance and arrogance from the core of his heart. Pakistan were equally critical of the umpiring. Australia’s dilly-dallying to play a series in Pakistan in March in the wake of Benazir Bhutto's assassination hardly helping matters for the world champions. ICC increasingly went on the backfoot when virtually every nation slammed Bucknor and Mark Benson's blunders that cost India a crucial Test match. But what really clinched India’s cause was England’s startling support. Speed and Company were sunk when England said the "blunders hit the spirit of the game" and corrective measures were a must. The ICC got its message.

Lanka also insisted that chief match referee Madugalle keep an eye on Procter, whose "neutrality" is being doubted by the Indian team management. This is the first time when a match referee will be under surveillance. The effect was instant. Hogg was hauled up for abusing Anil Kumble and MS Dhoni. It balanced out the three-Test ban on Harbhajan which in all practical purposes will go to the ICC Appeals Commission – another setback of sorts for the ICC.

Tailpiece: The show will go on!

casanova

The Frozen Nova
^^
This would be good. The best would be do the just i.e; give the test to those who deserved it from day 1. India

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Yes, they should replay the match. Instead of 2-0 to them, it should be 1-0. I am still surprised BCCI did not call back the team. We welcome that Hogg is suspended for his behaviour. But in previous series down the years against other nations, Mcgrath, Warne, Gillespie, Damien Fleming, Darren Lehmann, etc were no better. They escaped in 99% of the cases. Mcgrath was very much foul-mouthed.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
India will surely get support from other countries.. coz there is not a single country out there which has not been bullied by ~!@#@#$ Aussies....

blackpearl

The Devil
Now ICC has appointed Ranjan Madugale (spelling??) as Chief Referee. WTH??
Instead of doing away with the very conecpt of appointing match referees, they have now added 1 more referee. Seriously, why do we need match referee? The players are mature enough to resolve their differences between themselves. If required allow the umpires to bring peace. Why do they need to behave like cry babies and complain to match referee -"He called me a monkey". What rubbish! Match referees only complicate matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom