Teaching my parents about computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Hi ppl

AAjkal i am trying to tech my parents a thing or two about computers.
the problem is that I am failing at this completely. The only success being that my mum can now play hearts.

The biggest problem is that they can't seem to remember anything. They even can't remember simple things like click on start button > click on my documents. or that you have click on a "typing area" . They jsut bring the mouse near over the username fild and start typing!! aaaarrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They just can't remeber anything!! i am going mad here! its just so frustrating. Thankfully I am old enough to be able to hide these feelings :)

Help! Are there any software that would run in the background that could help interactively? Anyone has achieved this before ?
All suggestions are welcome.

hailgautam

Youngling
man! teaching your old guys is a very difficult. My dad is a professor in Physics, but i could not make them do anything except some times play "Patience" and loose it myself. In fact once i found myself shouting on him .....soooo disgusting of me.

But as mediator says you have to keep trying, some tips would be:

1. Don't give them too many options, e.g to copy from a file from one place to another one could have 3-4 options to do that, tell them one with which they are comfortable and stick to it.
2. Don't try to make them understand the file system, just tell where to find what. gradually they will know how to go about.
3. Find what they want to do, and tell them how to do it step by step, remember the point 1 above.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
There is are some software which will definately help you out! :))

Virtual Dub - It will record / capture your screen .
*www.download.com/3000-2194_4-10694594.html

Also search google for video capturing/ recording

praka123

left this forum longback
-same problem for me too.
I lost my patience many times.now our computer study class is postponed indefinitely:D

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i will have to take this up in 10-15 days....too....oh and i also knew there will be problems here....good to hear those and few solution...;)

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
When I received my google adsense cheque recently I had to convince my parents that it was totally legal what I had done to earn that much money...
But thankfully they did understand some bit of it !!
Its hard to teach my parents regarding computers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom