Tatasky ke uper dishtv

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigyaster

Journeyman
Hi, everyone. I am a new fool in this forum. Yes fool because I don't know much about all in this forum.
OK lets come to the point. Do anyone know how to watch Tatasky dth through dishtv's zenega STB?
Another question is , do anyone know when is dishtv going to launch dish DVR. I heard that they are planning to launch internet also. Is it true.

I am not regular to this forum, so I will reply very late to your msg. I am sure you will not mind.

unni

In the zone
Welcome to the forum. As tech_your_future already told you, please read forum rules before posting:D if you had some evil intentions :twisted: with this post.

I don't think its possible directly since Tata Sky uses Insat 4A and DishTV uses NSS6 satellite. It may be possible if you connect another dish with LNB through some diseqc switch to the receiver. Still, you would need their subscription card. Even then, I don't know if DishTV receiver will allow adding other frequencies even though TRAI has said that inter-operability must be maintained . But, why do you want to watch Tata Sky? Dish TV has more channels. Or do you want to be like pappe? :D

Regarding Dish DVR, they have already launched it a few months ago. But I heard that it's software was buggy. Don't know the present status. Check their site.

Internet won't be viable economically and in terms of speed. Also, I doubt the reliability as well.

Last edited:
OP
G

gigyaster

Journeyman
Sorry .. for the delay in replying you, actually my exam was going on, I will now be promoted to class X. Thanks for the comment, but I would like to tell you that dish DVR is not launched, they are advertising it for over a year or two. I know it because I have dishtv and at the time of purchase I told the dealer to give me the KAON STB, but they told , it not available.
Ok, then. am learning a lot in this forum. Thanks to all you members.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Well I hv a ques...(Little off topic)
Can tatasky also act as a broadband connection??
Is yes than whts the speed u get??

I heard tht they providse BB as a value added service!
Pls let me know.

alian1980

Right off the assembly line
DTH Players can start this service whenever they want. But for the moment, niether TATA not DISH is offering Broadband service.

@gigyaster DISH TV is offering DVR service in selected places. I have a friend in Pune who is using this facility. The cost of hardware is around 12,000/-

hailgautam

Youngling
DVR= Digital Video Recorder a la VCR, you can record the programs on to the hard disk/DVDs. Not sure what format is used in Dish TV one. Sony and LG both have DVRs which can record on HDD+DVD at around 37K for Sony and 25K for LG and plain DVD recorder for at around 17K for Sony and 11K for LG. You also get some Chinese models at around 7-8K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom