Tata SKY Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilhead_satish

In the zone
There are lots of bloated things about India. Go ahead, label me an unpatriotic buffoon, pessimist and what have you, but even you will agree when we get talking about India's cable TV distribution system. For those not in the know, its a big mafia in itself. Each area is controlled by a goon or a similar equivalent and anyone making the slightest of noises is "taken care of". Thats an exaggeration of course, but you get the picture.

Even if you can live with that, you can certainly not be living with the quality of the signal or the choice of channels Mr. Cable Gangsta offers. And no Siree, no explanation offered for frequent outages and distorted signals. If you're lucky enough (and Mr. Gangsta and Co are in the mood...) they might, at best, give you a "kaam chaloo hai" reply or something to that effect.

*img261.imageshack.us/img261/5551/tataskyyj0.jpg

Read the rest of the Tata Sky Review

Source SatishSays dot Com

Blog Feed

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
nice review, i also have Tata Sky with 6 months subscription.

but you forgot to mention the Price:p

Product Price + Installation = 4K+ & after this, you need to subscribe & renew your subcription (which you've mentioned).

btw the tata Service ppl have done the work very neatly, i'll up some photos later.

-----------
btw, where do you live?:))

i've never had those kinds of problem with my local cable operators. (at chennai, b'lore, nagpur...):))

praka123

left this forum longback
Sun DTH seems affordable for me.it costs Rs2000 and have a one year free subscription and also it bundles all malayalam+tamil and hindi/free channels too.after a year,ur supposed to pay only Rs.85 per month :shock: so best deal for all south indians i suppose!

there are other dth mongers too!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
only Tata Sky & Dish Tv offer paid channels, others give the free channels, difference - good quality picture & sound. thats all.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Tata Sky

Quality/Reception/Uptime - 10/10
Initial cost and subscription - 2/10

I haf it and I'm not happy with the subscription charges.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
the only thing thats preventing me from going the DTH way is i use the same cable connection for both my tv and my pc (i.e i pay for only i connection but in reality i'm using 2 :D).if i switch to DTH i'll loose this advantage and i'll hafta pay something bout 500-700 p/m which is way too high.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Only DishTv and TataSky is good.. The others are not all that popular and they are not even know by many people. :)

praka123

left this forum longback
^sun DTH is known by most in TN,andhra,karnataka,kerala JFYI.it seems tata sky services are available for sun subscribers too!
EDIT:SUN DTH website:
*www.sundirect.in/

*www.livemint.com/2007/09/22020248/Sun-Direct-offers-DTH-for-Rs75.html
*www.sundth.blogspot.com/
Hi guys,

i got a confirmation from "HELL CRUSHER" that Sundirect card can be used on any 3rd party MPEG4 receiver which support irdeto encryption technology.

this will be a grt news for UAE guys who dont want to carry a receiver which ultimately taken away from them by the airport customs...

now they can just carry a Smart Card and buy a receiver from there to use it...

and no need to send bak the receiver to India once it fails |(like dishtv and TataSky)

cheers
*broadbandforum.in/sun-direct-dth/21285-sundirect-card-can-used-any-mpeg-reciever/
now where does sky and dishnet to compete ?

and for NI's:
Sun tv is the most famous channel in south india.also their udaya,teja and surya are respective kannada,telegu and malayalam channels.sun tv is owned by maran brothers(err..dayanidhi maran et al) the initial cost of 2000rs is very affordable.
*www.sundirect.in/
*www.sunnetwork.org
*www.sunnetwork.org/suntv/

Last edited:

shri

Always Fresh!
TRAI had announced that DTH providers should provide consumers the channels of their choice and not bundle them. Source: *www.livemint.com/Articles/2007/09/04002547/Trai-unbundles-TV-channels-for.html

When is this coming into effect?

praka123

left this forum longback
OK.I applied for sun dth just now :( but these ppl are saying have to wait for a day or so for to give connection

as already there is lot of pending applications(it is special case in kerala,as almost all malayalam channels are bundled by sun;same goes to karnataka also i think).

Also,I checked the quality etc.
sun tv is in collaboration with tata sky also,but with rental real small amount Rs75 for 75 channles+15FM channels and rs 30 something for star,sony boquets etc.really worth for a malayali,kannadiga!but for tamil/hindi viewers the deal sucks as of now as it is not bundling many channels!pay channel option is on the anvil afaik
kerala bundling by sun:
*www.sundirect.in/packages-malayalam.html

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^I think its better if you stay away from Sun.
Go for Tata Sky or DishTV they are the best.
If you need Sun channels, they are available on DishTV.

praka123

left this forum longback
^regional choice dude!I am a Malayali and i am getting all channels in malayalam with sun dth!if i need extra pay channels,i can get individual channels by this december.u wont understand it! :D this is a steal of a deal for Malayalis and may be kannadigas to certain extent :)
BTW,read:
Unforeseen Rush
Of the seven licensees, DD Direct, Zee’s Dish TV, Tata Sky and Sun Direct are already beaming in, while Reliance ADAG, Bharti Telemedia and Videocon’s Bharat Broadcast Channels will unleash their fare next. And the last five licences came in just the last couple of years.
*www.moneycontrol.com/india/news/business/space-shrinking-for-new-dth-players-/320168/1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom