task prioritize..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magneticme200

In the zone
Hey guys

i hv an intel 2.4 with 4 gb ram..with win vista.
im playing godfather2 these days..the game starts alright...
bt what happens afterwards is...it start hanging in between...thn again it works alright..thn starts hanging again...and this goes on....
what i want is...a software which could let godfather2 (or for that matter any task..) use all the available resources....as putting other tasks in the backseat..!!
hope u gt my point!

thnks in advance..

manan

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
guys pls help...all of my gaming experience is being ruined...
i dnt think my pc is tht bad..tht it cant handle godfather2...when it handled gtaIV pretty well...

cnt thre be some way so that i can focus all my resources on one particular task,.,,!!

@magneticme200

Do post full PC Specs.

buddy...win vista..4gbram...2.4 intel...460 gb hdd..wat else is of concern here??

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
If you want to prioritize the task then open Task manager then goto the process that you want, right click on it and select "Set Priority" to "High"...

mittyr

silentFOX
@magneticme200

I just checked out the game, seems only need min specs to today's stds.

Before doing anything, check if ter's a "Official Patch" for the game.

Assuming you have all updated drivers & a dual core , the game may not be utilizing both cores. If so, after the game startsup. Minimize & open "Task Manager". Right Click on that particular "exe", click "Set Affinity" & select your options. (Don't expect much but worth a try).

Any errors/crash while playing or installing ??

OP
M

magneticme200

In the zone
my graphic card is nvidia geforce 8400 GS..
it is not tht my system is not able handle the game...becoz thn it wouldnt hv wrkd properly evn in patches as well...isnt it??
moreover...its nt a burden on the system as well...coz when i minimize the game and start using the system for any other task...the system works at same speed as it does when is the game is not running..!

mittyr

silentFOX
@magneticme200

Thats what am trying to explain to you.

It could be a graphical problem with the "Official Release", happens everytime. If so, they must have released a "patch" to correct it within days. Have you checked the official site ??

Just to add, the more info you give...more we can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom