task manager in win98

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
hi..
i wanted to know that is there any good task manager so that i can shut down the hung processes in win98SE without restatrting my pc ????

sniper

Broken In
even i was looking for this.
ive recently got this software i thinks its name is wintasks v.4 it really kicks ass. haven't installed it myself, seen it on friends PC...wait ill install and see....

www.liutilities.com

Man its even better than winXPs taskmanager...get it, it even ingrates with ur [ctrl]+[alt]+[del]..beware it creates major probs sometimes, it will replace ur conventional taskmanager and then when u uninstall ? it ceated major problem on win2k3 server

With WinTasks 4 Professional, you pump up the speed of your PC - and stomp attacks on your precious privacy and security. In just a few clicks!

In the recesses of your computer, 20-30 invisible processes run silently in the background. Some hog system resources, turning your PC into a sluggish computer. Worse yet, other useless processes harbour spyware and Trojans - violating your privacy and giving hackers free reign on your computer. WinTasks 4 Professional can stop all of this now - you can ferret out these useless processes and make your computer run safer and faster.

The perfect complement to firewalls and anti-virus software, WinTasks gives you complete control over all processes running on your personal computer. Based on years of research, this award-winning product gathers detailed information on all running processes. WinTasks then gives you simple explanations for thousands of programs - allowing you to remove useless resource hogs and security threats - in just a few clicks.

Stomp security threats!

While firewalls and anti-virus software provide your first line of defence, WinTasks helps you stop the security threats already lurking among the processes running on your system. By providing a wealth of real-time information, combined with simple explanations for thousands of processes, WinTasks makes locating and stopping unwanted processes a snap!

Real-time process information - Stay in control - Know what processes are running on your PC!
Process descriptions - You don't have to tolerate security threats and spyware any longer - stop them now!
Instant termination of any process - Protect your personal privacy by removing Trojans, spyware, and other unwanted programs.
Activity logging - Hackers don't have a prayer - monitor your system 24x7 to make sure they are not using your computer for illegal activities.
Built-in scripting language - WinTasks puts the power in your lap - create your own scripts to monitor and control all running processes.

Improving performance

Many of the background applications found on a computer are completely unnecessary - they just turn your system into a slug by using up valuable resources. By giving you detailed performance statistics and process descriptions, WinTasks helps you find and remove these resource hogs in minutes. With WinTasks, you can even remove these programs permanently - and assign all available resources to the most important applications - ensuring the highest performance and stability.

Monitor CPU and memory usage - Stop those resource hogs now!
Process descriptions - Our arsenal of information helps you stop useless processes. Find out which processes you can safely remove.
Control process priorities - Put the power where it's the most important right now. Assign CPU and memory resources to critical programs.
Startup viewer - Tired of waiting? Make your PC start faster by removing unwanted programs permanently.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
hey sniper ..
i had some problems with Wintasks
The program simply didnt use to start
no error message .. no nothing...
just an icon used to come in task manager and then within a second or two it wud disappear..
any help anybody

Deep

Version 2.0
I am not very sure about it..coz i have stopped using 98 for last 4-5 years

but i thknk typing drwatson in start - run might show u the processes running...

but try it coz i am not sure about it very much..

Deep

sniper

Broken In
alib_i...buddy to tell u the truth, wintask is not running here either. exactly the same problem. ill try updating to version 5. i think i have the old version 4.5 or somethin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom