task manager disabled in windows 7

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
Even i had this problem previously. None of the antivirus or any other trick helped me. Only Quick Heal helped me. Downloaded the Total Security trial, installed it and did a native scan. That was all. PC restarted and a scan was performed. After the scan PC restarted again and there was no sign of any threat. I could access task manager again. Also double clicking on a floder opened it in an new window instaed of same window. That was solved too.
Try this.

thanks saswat, will surely try it,

currently away from pc , enjoying my weekend,

will post the status after applying the solutions suggested here on Sunday night when i'll reach home....

thanks...

OP
digitaltab

digitaltab

In the zone
avast antivirus worked, it was a free version av...

i am planning to buy an antivirus now, please suggest between avast/ quick heal/ norton.

mention if any else is better than these,

thanks

utkarsh73

Journeyman
Head here:*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/138653-antivirus-guide-user-reviews.html
Its better place for this question.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if avast worked for you then keep using it & it is free too.also it does not matter what av you use if you don't follow some basic precautions.use latest version of firefox(latest version with noscript addon & adblockplus addon,best in my opinion) or google chrome or opera browser.avoid using shady softwares/cracks or at least read comments before downloading from such sites.always keep your windows updated & never click on any promo/offer/prize/smiley link in web page or email.

Top Bottom