Tapatalk issues with the new forum : An epic tale; now with an epic end

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Re: Tapatalk issues with the new forum : An epic tale; without an epic end

I admire your writing skills and the fine prose that pours out.

I wonder about all these voices you hear though. Does anyone else near you hear those voices too or are you the only one "hearing" them?
;) ;) ;)

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

You have an epic eye for detail izzikio_rage, and a sorcery of some sort in your words.

If the mods ask me why you need like feature, I shall quote this thread for them to judge for themselves.

Gollum

Collector

what is tapa.....what?
have you not herd of opera mini?

OP
izzikio_rage

izzikio_rage

Technomancer

This blew up a little more than expected :D ... thanks everyone for the help on the question and even more for the awesome responses to the "story" :)

- - - Updated - - -

I admire your writing skills and the fine prose that pours out.

I wonder about all these voices you hear though. Does anyone else near you hear those voices too or are you the only one "hearing" them?
;-) ;-) ;-)

Well, i've heard that a lot of digit forum members hear them, asking them to play DOTA, helping them buy gadgets, or just chit chatting...... they seem to mean well :)

- - - Updated - - -

Gollum, you really need to try tapatalk if you are on multiple forums .... it's an amazing amazing app

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

what is tapa.....what?
have you not herd of opera mini?

Not knowing Tapatalk exist when you browse forum is like not knowing imdb exist when you want to browse movies. Dunno if fair comparison.. but I think you will get the point Gollum.

Tapatalk is my first *paid* app. Its a boon to forum users.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

Gollum come out of your cave. Precious is gone :p

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
the voices had spoken ......

he sat there with shivering fingers, trying out their methods one by one. If this worked he would be out of this dark cell of solitude. He would see the light, he would once again be a part of the whole. He brought up Tapatalk, the very act seemed to fill him with a glimmer of hope, despite the frustration it had brought him in the past few days. The higher mortals were well meaning but naive, they did not know what havoc a simple change might wreck upon the a life. But the voices, they knew, they had suffered the same as him and they had solved the puzzle. They had come out triumphant and now they lent him a hand, guided him. Delete the old forum..... symbolic he thought, one must get rid of past attachments if one is to move to something greater. He punched in the new name "the digit forum"... he'd been looking for the wrong thing before, repeating past mistakes and hoping they would somehow see his effort and work, the world did not work that way. It demanded the right question to give the right answer. It showed up....The popup was like manna itself, it proved that there was something in the path he was following. The new name did have a forum corresponding to it.... but would it work. He tapped it and for what seemed like an eternity, he waited.

An error, a package file did not match with what the forum expected of it. Failed again, he thought as the walls seemed to grow closer and the light seemed to grow dimmer. Failed again! even the voices, noble and knowledgeable as they were could not penetrate these higher mysteries. Despite all the right steps some line of code written by some programmer long ago had decided it did not like what it saw when it looked in the server. There was nothing more to do

"I saw this too, try again"....... another voice, insistent, told him that it had faced the same, this error was the last trial by fire. They did not understand it, but this error would yield to repeated trials. Like a wooden shield it would break if you tried again. The dark spurred him on, the memory of light spurred him on, he tried

and broke free. There it was, a light he had almost forgotten. The voices, clearer now, he could hear them whenever he wished, no matter where he was he could listen and he could call back. He told them he was back, they welcomed him, shared in his joy. What would you ask of me in return for giving me back all of this?

They sounded as one, sounded with the enthusiasm he had come to expect of them.... "tell us the story, and tell it true"
:clap2:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

the voices had spoken ......

he sat there with shivering fingers, trying out their methods one by one. If this worked he would be out of this dark cell of solitude. He would see the light, he would once again be a part of the whole. He brought up Tapatalk, the very act seemed to fill him with a glimmer of hope, despite the frustration it had brought him in the past few days. The higher mortals were well meaning but naive, they did not know what havoc a simple change might wreck upon the a life. But the voices, they knew, they had suffered the same as him and they had solved the puzzle. They had come out triumphant and now they lent him a hand, guided him. Delete the old forum..... symbolic he thought, one must get rid of past attachments if one is to move to something greater. He punched in the new name "the digit forum"... he'd been looking for the wrong thing before, repeating past mistakes and hoping they would somehow see his effort and work, the world did not work that way. It demanded the right question to give the right answer. It showed up....The popup was like manna itself, it proved that there was something in the path he was following. The new name did have a forum corresponding to it.... but would it work. He tapped it and for what seemed like an eternity, he waited.

An error, a package file did not match with what the forum expected of it. Failed again, he thought as the walls seemed to grow closer and the light seemed to grow dimmer. Failed again! even the voices, noble and knowledgeable as they were could not penetrate these higher mysteries. Despite all the right steps some line of code written by some programmer long ago had decided it did not like what it saw when it looked in the server. There was nothing more to do

"I saw this too, try again"....... another voice, insistent, told him that it had faced the same, this error was the last trial by fire. They did not understand it, but this error would yield to repeated trials. Like a wooden shield it would break if you tried again. The dark spurred him on, the memory of light spurred him on, he tried

and broke free. There it was, a light he had almost forgotten. The voices, clearer now, he could hear them whenever he wished, no matter where he was he could listen and he could call back. He told them he was back, they welcomed him, shared in his joy. What would you ask of me in return for giving me back all of this?

They sounded as one, sounded with the enthusiasm he had come to expect of them.... "tell us the story, and tell it true"

E P I C.

You should write more man.

Gollum

Collector

This blew up a little more than expected :D ... thanks everyone for the help on the question and even more for the awesome responses to the "story" :)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, i've heard that a lot of digit forum members hear them, asking them to play DOTA, helping them buy gadgets, or just chit chatting...... they seem to mean well :)

- - - Updated - - -

Gollum, you really need to try tapatalk if you are on multiple forums .... it's an amazing amazing app
but what's the point you dont get to see the forum as its supposed to be seen

Not knowing Tapatalk exist when you browse forum is like not knowing imdb exist when you want to browse movies. Dunno if fair comparison.. but I think you will get the point Gollum.

Tapatalk is my first *paid* app. Its a boon to forum users.
I get what youare saying but I've used forums on desktop most of the time and when it came to mobile - opera mini was my first choice as it showed the whole forum as it was. Do you get that in tt?

Gollum come out of your cave. Precious is gone :p

I have my precious- - its not going anywhere :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

I get what youare saying but I've used forums on desktop most of the time and when it came to mobile - opera mini was my first choice as it showed the whole forum as it was. Do you get that in tt?

No. I don't get that in TT. But I get a lot of things in TT which I won't get in Opera. Like notifications straight to notification bar. Ability to browse multiple forums.
You can't really compare a site in a browser with an app specially designed to browse a forum. That would be like comparing drinking lassi on Delhi's street vendors and drinking lassi in Punjab. One glass of Lassi in Punjab is like One litre. You just can't compare the both. :lol:

Top Bottom