Tank/Mecha simulator suggestions

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Hi,

can someone please guide me to some good Tank/Mecha simulators?? i got the list here: Vehicular combat game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ..

the simulator should be fun though... and graphics is secondary, although it shouldnt be crappy..

darkv0id

Journeyman
Haven't played it myself but Hawken seems like a nice game, from whatever gameplay videos I've seen. I don't know how much of the game is pure "simulation" and how much is geared towards a casual audience, but it's in free-to-play open beta, so no reason to not check it out.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I know about Armored Fist series which is a proper Tank simulator from Novalogic, the same guys who gave us the Delta Force series. Its a pretty old series though.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
thanks!! gonna google them out a bit and decide when i am home!

btw, i hope none of them are online.. i want SP only.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I highly suggest you play World of Tanks. It deals with WW2 Tanks and is a MMO game. In fact, it is the 2nd most highly played game (after League of Legends). I believe they also set a record for most players online at any time on their Russian server.

This game isn't a pure simulator , but it does accurately reflect shot penetration and armor protection (i.e shooting from the sides is more effective , and hitting weakspots on the armor e.t.c)

There is a Singapore server and I play over there :

World of Tanks

For Mecha Simulators, any of the Mechwarrior games are fun. I personally recommend Mechwarrior : Mercenaries.

Last edited:
OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^i have a murderous ping, thanks to bsnl. i played cs1.6 a few times. i havent been more humiliated since. :|

Tachyon1986

In the zone
^i have a murderous ping, thanks to bsnl. i played cs1.6 a few times. i havent been more humiliated since. :|

The servers are hosted in singapore. From Chennai, I get 60-80 ms. Besides , WoT isn't an arcade game - it's highly tactical. Ping isn't a major factor , 99% of the time you will stop and shoot (for better stability from the turret) else its a miss.

Top Bottom