[Complaint] Taken for a ride: FedEx/Flipkart

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
I ordered a G.Skill RipjawsX 4 GB RAM from flipkart on 3/8/13. They shipped it on 4/8/13 via FedEx and as usual I got the tracking number. The estimated date of delivery was 8/8/13 but on checking the delivery status on 7/8/13 it showed up as 'delivered' (at residence) but I had got no call from any courier guy nor did anybody show up.

Naturally worried I emailed FlipKart. While waiting for their reply I contacted FedEx too and was informed that they have only one office in my state (Odisha) and it was handed over to a 3rd party for delivery in my town. The lady on call said she couldn't know which 3rd party courier it was, instead I was told to wait a day or two. And I got a reply email from FK that in 3 days I'll receive the DRS (signed proof of delivery) via email. 9,10, 11 being holidays I'm still awaiting for the RAM to arrive so I can finish assembling my new PC:-x

I think while both FK and FedEx have been responsive enough so far, FedEx shouldn't handle shipments where it has to use other forwarders, especially when they can't divulge the info about this 3rd party courier to their customers. And that tracking system shouldn't be so erroneous, it creates confusion. One funny thing is their tracking site shows the shipment started from Bhubaneswar (from FedEx) at 10 AM and was delivered in Berhampur at 1:30 PM! Even an express train takes ~3hrs for the journey and in 30 more minutes they delivered it at residence! Ridiculous.

PS: Got a call from someone at 5:37 PM 9/8/13 mentioning about RAM, I was out so my cousin picked up and informed I'm not available. When I got back and called the no 20 mins later no one picks up. Been calling that number since. Hopefully there's positive development on monday.

View attachment 11752View attachment 11753View attachment 11754

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Ive had pretty good experience regarding FedEx Shipments, they arent anything like Aramex etc.. Im sure your issue will be resolved sooner or later..
PS: Always, ALWAYS select CoD if its available

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
FedEx(Trustworthy) >>>> ARAMEX(Faltu...Bogus) as per my self experience...

Ive had pretty good experience regarding FedEx Shipments, they arent anything like Aramex etc.. Im sure your issue will be resolved sooner or later..
PS: Always, ALWAYS select CoD if its available
Hopeful for OP...

OP
C

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Finally got the shipment! Big UP to FlipKart!

Well I've enough trust on FK to pay for stuff right away with my card. COD is reserved for snapdeal and others. And as I hoped FK customer service is epic, they got back to me, were very friendly. The problem was with FedEx. I know they're a very good courier company, but when you rely on somebody else they might screw it up. My point is, if you don't have office in a location, don't take shipments going there. I put enough pressure on the FedEx customer service and they told me the 3rd party courier is DTDC!

Turns out this DTDC guy delivered the RAM: not to my landlord or next door neighbor (both of who I enquired over phone, since I was not in town) but my neighbor 3 doors away! He was kind enough to hand it over to me when I returned. "Ye isme kya hai? Itna halka hai mujhe laga bas cover hi hai aur kuch nai, mai soch raha tha ki tumhara shipment receive karu ya lauta du..." :D:

Renny

Padawan
Fedex is absolutely effed up. I had ordered a watch from Watchkart and Fedex never delivered the shipment even after it reached their local office, after 11 days I had to go collect the watch myself.

TechGeek09

New to this forum
Het I too live in Berhampur , ordered a phone from Flipkart , they are sending it to me via Fedex , the shipment is stuck in Bhubaneshwar , hope i dont suffer like you did , i am paying thru C.O.D

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Thank god. But the WS retail hub is just 2kms away from house so I usually get it on time and the shipper was always Ekart logistics.

Top Bottom