Status
Not open for further replies.

sub1zero

Broken In
I have sem hols now and I feel bored and jobless. While I am 18yrs, do you think I should go for Taekwondo classes? Need some kind of self defense. Always had this thing to learn some form of martial art. Developed the interest only now. What say?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
It's never too late to start learning. Go for it. If your body can't withstand it, you'll find out pretty soon.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Oh thats in my Wish List, but never found a good trainer...lol

Go for it dude, anyday !

gigyaster

Journeyman
Yes just go for it, I was 11 years when I started taekwondo and then the coach said to me , "Its too early for you son" So probably18 is the perfect age to join, seriously go for it.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
I am a Taekwondo student (Green one belt). I've given my lessons a pause due to studies. I say go for it only if you are COMPLETELY sure you want to learn martial arts. This style (Taekwondo) is mostly based on block-and-kick attacks and aerial kick attacks. I reckon its better than Karate. Go for it if you think you can stand it. In my batch, there were many students who used to complain about too much sunshine and other idiocies. Don't bother if you're like that! Also, I'd say if you can find an instructor, you should learn Ninjutsu instead. But as that requires total devotion, this is better. That's my advice.

Also, you might find the White to Yellow belt syllabus to be a comlete laugh. Just don't quit and wait till you gain more experience.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
Ninjutsu...Naruto? what is it? No i won't google.

Heheh, Nope. I confess I'm a Naruto fan but Ninjutsu is REAL! The manga and the anime just implemented it! Ninjutsu is a nice style, but often believed to be mysterious and dark. That's all a myth, though. You should try wikipedia. It provides more information on the emergence of ninjas to counter samurais and their existence till date.

But at the very least, it is not fantastic! It is for real!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
. It provides more information on the emergence of ninjas to counter samurais and their existence till date.

But at the very least, it is not fantastic! It is for real!
Well Samurai were like warrior and Ninjas were like assassins in simple definitions.

And wont anyone like to learn Mu tai (featured in Ong Bak) and Free running like Parkour :p

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
And wont anyone like to learn Mu tai (featured in Ong Bak) and Free running like Parkour :p
After watching Jaa kick some royal ass in ONG BAK, I would really want to give it a shot. He combines both Muay Thai & gymnastic moves which make his stunts so unique. That amount of flexibility requires a lot of dedication. In fact after watching Tom Yum Goong (one of Jaa's other film), there was another form of martials arts called Capoeira. It's a Brazilian martial art & dance form. Very interesting styles. Check out some of Lateef Crowder's stunt sequences & you'll be amazed by it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^yeah I have seen both movies :p

And those were some believable stunts. I wish I learn it sometime later when I get $$$.

OP
S

sub1zero

Broken In
I met the fellow who I thought would teach me Taekwondo(he is the most well known and reputed dude in the city regarding karate) and he asked me why I wanted to learn Taekwondo. I replied that I wanted to learn self defense. He told me that it would be better if I learnt Karate than Taekwondo citing that while the latter dealt only with kicks, Karate would be a much more viable option if I want to combat and defend myself in day-day life. So what say? Karate or Taekwondo? I really want to learn a martial art for combat and not for sporting purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom