Tablet under 16K with Android JB

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
I am looking forward to buy a tablet with the following specifications.

Screen : 7 inch
Data : 3G and Wifi (not the regular 3G dongle support, but an inbuilt 3G SIM slot)
Voice calling and SMS (if possible)
Android Jelly Bean
Front and Rear camera (camera as low as .3MP will also do)
Min. 512MB RAM
Price Limit : 16K

Can anyone suggest me a tablet based on my requirements !

sarvodaya

Right off the assembly line
The Only tablet I Know is BSNL Penta Tpad WS802C. It has got 3g Sim Slot. Allows you to make Voice Calls. Not sure about Native Video Calls. I sent a Email to their Customer Care. Did not get a reply till date. I suggest you to stretch your budget to 18,000 and buy the Samsung Tab 3100. It is a 7 inch screen tab with support for 3g SIM, allows you to make Voice Calls, Native Video Calls and also supports Video Chat. Online reviews are positive. The downside of this Tab is no USB Charging, proprietary port for charging and PC connection.

The Other option is Reliance 3g TAB V9A. But it is locked to Reliance Network and available only in Reliance 3G Circles. Check it in your City. Costs around 15,000 and has all the features of Samsung Tab 2 3100.

Last edited:

techlover

In the zone
strongly suggest to increase and better go with Galaxy Tab 2...its available around 18k now...u may get cheaper during Diwali offers :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Nexus 7 is the only real tablet @ 16k... The only decent tablet with Jelly Bean...

If you want to buy something else, just get one of the Karbonn or Micromax 6k tablets... They are sufficient for most stuff you plan to do on a tablet...

Don't buy the Galaxy tab... It will get its Jelly Bean update 6 months from now...

But Nexus 7 will ship with Jelly Bean out of the box, and will get updated to Key Lime Pie (the next android flavour) on the first day of release...

OP
V

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
Thanks for your insights... I was searching on the net and found iBerry Auxus AX03G, it has everything what I was looking for and it is cheap too. I also liked Nexus 7 due to its hardware and software specifications, way better that Galaxy Tab 2 @AndroidFan: can you tell me from where I can buy/import Nexus 7 in India.

techlover

In the zone
Nexus 7 is the only real tablet @ 16k... The only decent tablet with Jelly Bean...

If you want to buy something else, just get one of the Karbonn or Micromax 6k tablets... They are sufficient for most stuff you plan to do on a tablet...

Don't buy the Galaxy tab... It will get its Jelly Bean update 6 months from now...

But Nexus 7 will ship with Jelly Bean out of the box, and will get updated to Key Lime Pie (the next android flavour) on the first day of release...

I suggest Galaxy Tab 2 because OP wanted a sim card slot

sarvodaya

Right off the assembly line
What is this craze for Jelly Bean OS. Come on Guys. why bother with OS as long as you can carry out the routine things like watching videos, browsing internet, playing games etc on all Android OS. Nexus will be overpriced in Indian Market @ 16 K it is not worth for only WIFI Model. At 18 K Samsung Galaxy 3100 is a better option any day. Plus it comes with Voice Calls, Native Video Calls which is an Bonus. Nexus if priced @ 12 K will be better buy but not @ 16 K

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
There many Home made and Chinese Tabs flooding market like Karbonn.Intex,Micromax,Touchmate etc if you want a tab for day to day browsing and some touch of angry birds then these tabs are very VFM if you want one Get a Micromax FunBook its a very good Tab comes with Mali 400 GPU and ICS installed the same of S3!Or Get a Samsung Tab2 which is the best tab in market OR WAIT TILL OCTOBER 23 FOR THE NEW IPAD MINI:razz: IT WILL RELEASE ON October 23 PROBABLY:-D

OP
V

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
I searched for it on Flipkart, it showed that the item is permanently discounted. Secondly, the price of 620 is much more, I didn't have that much budget...

Top Bottom