tablet for reading books for 12k

manishjha18

In the zone
hi.. i need a tablet for reading books. thats it. should i go for Dell Venue 8 Pro 3000 Series 32GB Windows Tablet.. availabe for 11.5k at Dell Venue 8 Pro (WiFi, 32GB), Black: Amazon.in: Electronics
or should i go for xiomi mi pad.. Mi pad has android of which i am not a fan..

please suggest any tablet. mine criteria being :-

budget 12k
display :- 8 inch or more with Glare-Free Touchscreen Display if possible.
choice of brand;- dell, xiaomi, asus, amazon
camera;- not required
preferred OS:-windows> android
connectivity option:- wifi, sim not required.
Primary use of tablet;- reading pdf ( full coloured books with sizes upto 200-300 mb per book- medical books)
tablets in consideration: Dell Venue 8 Pro 3000 Series 32GB Windows Tablet, mi pad, kindle ( 6 inches
other criteria:- should be light, preferably windows (dont have time to tinker around with android).

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fill the questionnaire.

Amazon's kindle would be an even better option if you need the tablet only for reading books IMO.

OP
M

manishjha18

In the zone
thanks Stormbringer..this what i had opinion of kindle. But the best part of kindle is glare free screen, which is really good. Flux too helps if you install on windows pcs..
plus point of mi pad is way superior hardware..
plus point of dell venue 8 pro is microsoft office.

hey would really appreciate further suggestions.

Last edited:
thanks Stormbringer..this what i had opinion of kindle. But the best part of kindle is glare free screen, which is really good. Flux too helps if you install on windows pcs..
plus point of mi pad is way superior hardware..
plus point of dell venue 8 pro is microsoft office.

hey would really appreciate further suggestions.

You have many good free office suites too like Office suite in android

I wouuld recommend Mi Pad
The high pixel density would be a treat for the eyes. Get an anti glare screen guard, if available..... Also it has a good battery life (Source : GSMArena). Performance & SIM aren't deal breaker for you it seems

Productivity wise android is good

OP
M

manishjha18

In the zone
anupam_pb hey i really think productivity wise windows 10 is way better than android.
anyone agreeing for windows tab. otherwise i may sell my soul to google android..

tkin

Back to school!!
Don't go for Kindle, most ereaders(read all) behave badly with pdfs, specially very large pdfs like you mentioned. So stay away.

If reading book is the priority then the first thing you would need is a high res screen and big battery.

1. Lenovo Yoga 2, over budget but I did see it selling for 16k in fk on a deal: Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet Android 8 inch Price in India - Buy Lenovo Yoga 2 Tablet Android 8 inch Platinum 16 Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

2. MiPad: Mi Pad Price in India - Buy Mi Pad White 16 Online - Mi : Flipkart.com

3. HP Stream: HP Stream 8 Tablet Price in India - Buy HP Stream 8 Tablet Black 32 Online - HP : Flipkart.com

My choice would be the MiPad.

OP
M

manishjha18

In the zone
thanks tkin. HP stream is kind of similar to dell venue 8 pro..
ok. i think i would go for Mipad. the only problem is there wont be any miui 7 for mipad, and the rumors that mipad2 would support dual boot between andriod and windows

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
check HP 10 Tablet (8 GB, Wi-Fi+3G) also
Buy HP 10 Tablet (8GB, WiFi, 3G), Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
+10000 to HP Stream 8
I bought 4 for our office recently
bought one and was so happy, just had to get more for office use
really well made and cheap

avoid Xiaomi because of poor ASS and quality control problems
Ive seen 2 friends of mine running around because of yellow tinge and battery issues

BadalGulati87

Broken In
Hey,

I would suggest KINDLE. I have been using it for the past 6 months and it is really great with the ambiance settings that auto adjust according to the light in the reading area. It has amazing features as it is made exclusively for reading. So if your sole purpose in reading go in for KINDLE. Thank you.

garnationpengu

Broken In
If you looking for only reading books go for Amazon Kindle edition or Mi pad is a good choice around this price. Buy on their official site to avail the Mi protect which would cover accidental and liquid damage for 375 rupees per year.

Top Bottom