System Volume at the toppest level at startup

curioustechy

Journeyman
My home pc running win7 is having a strange issue since last two days... Just after the moment i log in, system start up sound is heard at the top volume. When i click the volume icon at the notification area the slider is found at the top level. Even though i mute my volume level and shut off again at startup it is found automatically at the top level. How to troubleshoot this annoying problem ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
check your startup programs or something you installed in last 2 days.something is taking control of windows audio at startup.

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
I checked up the task manager for running programs at startup and found one program called 'pmbvolumewatcher' and suspecting that by its name i disabled it.....but after restarting the system the same problem is there... i'm posting my startup program list & see if u could trace out something
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try this.disable task scheduler service in services list & then restart pc.after restarting if problem remains check by opening task manager & see if taskeng.exe process is present(like in your 2nd pic).

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If you can't disable task scheduler, then you can disable the tasks itself. And how much effort does it takes to instal ccleaner ?

OP
curioustechy

curioustechy

Journeyman
I didn't do any install... but I don't know how; now it's solved.... something went wrong & now it's ok... any way thank u guys..

Top Bottom