System Stuck Sometimes at BIOS

Drumminggeek

Broken In
Hey guys,

I have this problem with my 2 year old PC. Thing is, sometimes when I boot up, the system gets stuck at the BIOS screen. The problem goes away when a turn it off and on again, but sometimes it doesn't. Another thing I've tried is re-inserting the RAM sticks, in different slots, or switching the slots of the RAM sticks. Then, it works fine. But after a few days, it starts again. But, I've noticed no effects on performance as after I log in, I can play Crysis 2 or Dirt 3 at a stretch for around 4-5 hours. Benchmark scores are also not affected. Here's my config: Intel E8400 @ 3.0 Ghz
Zotac GTX 260
WD Green 320 GB (Not sure about specific model)
Kingston 2x2 GB DDR-2 800 RAM
500 W Cooler Master Exteme SMPS
Intel DG35EC Motherboard
Win XP Professional 32 bit
Win 7 Ultimate (Dual Boot)

Thanks In Advance!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ when system gets stuck at bios screen, is the hard drive listed immediately or after a few seconds. & also once it gets stuck, can you enter the bios screen (the settings page?).

OP
D

Drumminggeek

Broken In
^^ when system gets stuck at bios screen, is the hard drive listed immediately or after a few seconds. & also once it gets stuck, can you enter the bios screen (the settings page?).

Not exactly... after I hit the f2 key.... it takes about 1-2 minutes to respond

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - do you have the latest bios version installed for the mobo - if not update the mobo bios to the latest version.

Other two things you can try resetting the CMOS setting and Change the CMOS battery.

OP
D

Drumminggeek

Broken In
@ OP - do you have the latest bios version installed for the mobo - if not update the mobo bios to the latest version.

Other two things you can try resetting the CMOS setting and Change the CMOS battery.

yep latest bios is already there....any specific model for the battery ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Drumminggeek - if you are unsure what battery to buy just take out the current CMOS battery from the mobo and buy a matching one from any computer hardware shop.

BTW, IF possible Check your ram modules with memtest app and your HDD with HDTune.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Those battery are big Button cells which we use on digital clocks ,cr2048 I think, they are available at watch repair shops, fancy stores...

Edit: I think its Cr 2032.
Take the Battery out of the motherboard and check. :p

Top Bottom