Hi,
I bought my desktop about 2 months ago, I have the following configuration-

CPU- i54440
MB- Asus B85m-g
RAM- Corsair Vengeance 8GB (8x1)
PSU- Antec Vp500p
GFX- MSI GTX 960 OC 2GB
HDD- 1TB Seagate Baracuda

I bought F&D v620 about a month ago, it is powered by USB.

So here's my issue - If my CPU is already on and if I plug in the Speaker USB, the computer just shutsdown as if it's a powercut (ie No windows being shutdown message or screen)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
could be an issue with either PSU, Motherboard or the speaker itself. So Try plugging in some other USB device on that port. If it's happening with just about any port of the motherboard and that speaker only then try connecting a smart phone with your pc. If it's still same try with a different PSU. Even a cheap one will do. Just unplug the graphic card. If it styill happens then it's the motherboard.

BTW, I've seen such a strange incident - when onboard vga port is used motherboard will just shutdown even if you use a PD but the issue fixed after adding a discrete gpu.

OP
C

cs4sid

Broken In
Hi [MENTION=15026]topgear[/MENTION] thanks for replying!

So I tried a PD and a mobile USB cable, nothing happened, but here's the thing, my speaker USB was already plugged in, I removed it and then tried these things. Also, I tried using the speaker usb on front slots and nothing happened. I think the shutdown only happens if my computer starts when the speaker USB is not plugged in and I plug it in after it has started.

I'll try again to see if it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so it happened again right after I plugged in the speaker usb in the very same slot that too after I tried my pendrive, but it's not happening on the front slots, I'm now thinking its because of the faulty usb cable of the speaker. I guess I'll have to use it with a mobile charger..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suspect it's the particular USB port which may be some way shutting down the system thinking the USB speaker is drawing too much pwer - may be it's some sort of motherboard usb circuit protection mechanism. Check for motherboard bios update and see if there's a fix for this. In the mean time using the speaker with mobile charger is a good idea.

Top Bottom