System restore service not start

Status
Not open for further replies.

rksingh

Broken In
I am running XP Pro and tried to set a restore point.Went to System Restore Tab and got the error,"Run a DLL app has encountered a problem and needs to close".Went to services and the System Restore Service was set to automatic but was not running.When i attempted to start the system restore service service on local computer.Error-15: The system can not find the drive specified.Please help

CA50

Cyborg Agent
It seems to be occurring due to some corrupt system files or invalid registry settings.
As you are on Xp, click start>run then type 'sfc /scannow' without the quotes. this will scan all the system files if they are intact are are tampered. If tempered then you will be asked to insert the XP installation disc, insert the disc and the original system files will be automatically copied from the disc.

OP
rksingh

rksingh

Broken In
It seems to be occurring due to some corrupt system files or invalid registry settings.
As you are on Xp, click start>run then type 'sfc /scannow' without the quotes. this will scan all the system files if they are intact are are tampered. If tempered then you will be asked to insert the XP installation disc, insert the disc and the original system files will be automatically copied from the disc.

I tried but in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom