System Restore blues...:((

Status
Not open for further replies.

h_kunte

Journeyman
Hello All...

I had a small problem with my otherwise superb-performing PC & I had to employ "windows system restore" to restore it back to a previous state....

What happened was that after 3 hours of restoring; the stupid thing made multiple copies of most of my system files in my OS partition....

To get rid of this problem; I thought of again using system restore....(I am still kicking myself for this decision)....What happened nxt was that I now have 3 copies of most of the system folders.....Plz click on the following link & see how my control panel now looks.....

*us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4413fdbdm1100cd3e/bc/FONTS/ctrl+panel.jpg?bf5RAIEBrbPYghL4

Also, I had Flyakite OSX installed on my PC prior to this debacle....IS this the reason for soo many folders getting copied & re-copied?

What can I do now to get my system back to its wacky ways?...Without formatting obviously....Looking for replies....eagerly...

Thanx

HK

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I dont know if this will work, but if you have restored your system correctly, then you can undo the restoration.

Go to System Restore & choose Undo my Last Restoration

See what happens...

anandk

Distinguished Member
:lol: this had hapnd to me too, once !

i did a pysical search and deleted the duplicate files.
risky, i know, but i came out ok !
i suggest u try the 'undo' option only, pal !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom