1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

System Restore blues...:((

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by h_kunte, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h_kunte

h_kunte New Member

Hello All...

I had a small problem with my otherwise superb-performing PC & I had to employ "windows system restore" to restore it back to a previous state....

What happened was that after 3 hours of restoring; the stupid thing made multiple copies of most of my system files in my OS partition....

To get rid of this problem; I thought of again using system restore....(I am still kicking myself for this decision)....What happened nxt was that I now have 3 copies of most of the system folders.....Plz click on the following link & see how my control panel now looks.....

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4413fdbdm1100cd3e/bc/FONTS/ctrl+panel.jpg?bf5RAIEBrbPYghL4

Also, I had Flyakite OSX installed on my PC prior to this debacle....IS this the reason for soo many folders getting copied & re-copied?

What can I do now to get my system back to its wacky ways?...Without formatting obviously....Looking for replies....eagerly...

Thanx

HK

2. yrana2002

yrana2002 New Member

I dont know if this will work, but if you have restored your system correctly, then you can undo the restoration.

Go to System Restore & choose Undo my Last Restoration

See what happens...

3. anandk

anandk Distinguished Member

:lol: this had hapnd to me too, once !

i did a pysical search and deleted the duplicate files.
    risky, i know, but i came out ok !
    i suggest u try the 'undo' option only, pal !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.