System reboot:Is it PSU or GPU

chelsea_roks

Broken In
Hi I have a amd 2 x 925 phenom cpu ,asus m4a78 mobo and nvidia 9600 gt gpu.When i play any games it reboots automatically...but if i remove my gpu and play with inbuilt gpu then the system is fine.I have a iball lpe223-400 PSU .Is the reboot because of inadequate psu or due to gpu overheating..

Thanks guys

My config is

CPU:AMD phenom 2 925 x4
GPU:Nvidia 9600gt 512 mb
MB:ASUS m4a78 em
PSU:iball lpe223-400

The smps is like a 250 watt smps.My CPU temperature remains in 40-50 so that mustnt be a problem and when i start gaming GPU temp is around 50 C.One more thing to note is if my CPU powers off then it doesnt start ,I have to switch off the UPS and power on again only then the cpu starts.

Now I have removed my GPU and the system is working fine.What must be the problem is it the SMPS or the GPU.Help me guys.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get a good PSu first - corsair CX430v2 or VS450 @ 2.4k and 2.1k respectively.

Gollum

Collector
Go to

>start>right click "computer">"advanced system settings">Under "startup and recovery", click on "settings">Under "system failure", disable "Automatically Restart".

Let me know if that helps.

OP
C

chelsea_roks

Broken In
yes it is only 17 in +12v rail...Is my Temperature of GPU okay...It is around 500 degree when i start pc and goes to around 65 when playing games..And corsair CX430v2 is 2.8 k in flipkart and specific sites to buy ...

Top Bottom