System not shut downing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyasram

The pWnster
My system config is p3 866mhz ,192mb ram,20gb hdd, running on winxp.
Whenever i shut down my pc, a blue screen appears saying that to avoid a critical error the system has shut down, if it appears for the first time switch the computer off or if this screen appears again remove any recently added drivers :( :cry: .But i havem't added any driver or updated mine recently.It also says that the the corrupt file is fs_rec.sys

D:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fs_rec.sys

What is this file and how can i solve this problem? :?: Please help me

Try executing a SURFACE SCAN. To do this, right click D: (which seems to be the drive where uv installed win xp), select properties. Under the TOOLS tab, click error-checking. In this check both the boxes. Click yes to schedule ur computer to scan for errors. Now re-start ur comp. Let the disk checking utility do its job.
If this does'nt help, just re-install win xp. As simple as that!

indrajit

Journeyman
Put your WinXP CD in the CD drive, then at start->Run type sfc /Scannow. This will check for any corrupt drivers on your system.

Also reffer to THIS thread.

OP
Vyasram

Vyasram

The pWnster
I already tried both scandisk but nothing worked. Can i replace that fs_rec.sys file from another system. Will it work

OP
Vyasram

Vyasram

The pWnster
I already tried both scandisk but nothing worked. Can i replace that fs_rec.sys file from another system of the same configuration. Will it work

indrajit

Journeyman
sfc/scannow is not a scanning option. It checks just for corrupt drivers. Did you try that? If not do it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom