System is not booting after BSOD

ratzee199

Journeyman
Hi,

Today morning I got a BSOD. After that I restarted my system. My system is not responding properly from then on. In the morning, it was not booting at all. In the evening, I was able to boot it up in normal mode. But I was not able to load any program. Even when I started Windows Explorer by right clicking on the start menu, it got hanged. I went to safe mode and tried to fix some registry error, checked the disk by windows disk check utility. Then I again boot the system in normal mode. Result was the same. Even I had to use force shut down the system, as I was not able to shut it down normally.
When I was in Safe Mode, I checked the system temperature with Speedfan and it was showing the CPU temperature as 85 degree centigrade without any load, except the background programs. Is it normal? I am in Vadodara, and here currently the temperature is varies from 22 degree centigrade - 8 degree centigrade.

Please help to solve the issue.

aashish75

Broken In
Just boot and go into your bios and check CPU temp and fan speed. Most probably your cpu cooling fan is not working or there is dust build up inside the case.
If BIOS temps are OK then your Windows install is corrupted. I would back up my data ASAP.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
remount the cpu HSF with some god TiM, check your ram modules using memtest86+ app.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
86C with 2500k in this part of the year?
Reapply TIM, and you are going to need a cooler, even if you don't overclock.
With stock cooler 2500K runs really hot during summer.

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
86C with 2500k in this part of the year?
Reapply TIM, and you are going to need a cooler, even if you don't overclock.
With stock cooler 2500K runs really hot during summer.

Thanks for all replies and thoughts...
What I did in the last few days are listed below...
1> Initially I was not able to run the Bootable Win 7 or Win XP Pro as after loading the initial system files from the CD/DVD...the system simply was not responding
2> I opened the CPU, checked whether everything is fine or not, and then clean all the fans well. I saw the processor FAN was not running properly. When the system started, the blades started to move and stopped almost immediately, then again the same thing happen, and after that it started normally.
3> Started the Bootable WIN 7 again, and VOILA...it started to work...so I formatted my C Drive and re-install the OS. But later I realized it was 32 bit.
4> Again after 2 days of running the system in 32 bit, I re-install the 64 bit WIN 7 Ultimate.
5> Installed all the necessary drivers from the motherboard CD. Installed Lucid Virtu and HD Audio drivers
6> Installed ESET Smart Security 5 and updated it.
7> Installed nVidia GeForce 310.90(WHQL) driver
8> Installed 7Zip, Foxit Reader, Razer Arctosa Driver, Logitech Gamepad Driver, CPUZ, GPUZ, WinRar, Daemon Tool Lite, Steam, IOBit Game Booster, VLC Player, WinAvi All in One Converter and Malware Byte.
9> Installed FarCry 3, Amnesia and AC3.
10> During this installation process system was restarted whenever necessary.
11> Then yesterday I started playing Farcry 3 at HIGH setting. Though the game ran smoothly, but in each checkpoint, the system was running very slowly and I saw the pixilated forms of the animation. Then I also started Afterfall Insanity, and the game was running smoothly and as expected.
12> I shut it down in the night.
13> Today morning, when I BOOT the system , I was not able to get the screen. WIN 7 loaded properly, I saw the logo, the initializing screen, but after that they system went BLACK, I can moved the mouse cursor properly, I booted the system in Safe Mode without any issue, but I was not able to boot the system in NORMAL mode.
Is it a problem with the Processor Fan? Or is it a software issue?
Tonight I will try to repair the WIN7 and also I will take out the RAM and clean them properly. I will also disable the STARTUP items and SERVICES from MSCONFIG to see if there is any problem.
But I am still not sure...what the problem is. This system is just 11 months old.
Please help.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
2> I opened the CPU, checked whether everything is fine or not, and then clean all the fans well. I saw the processor FAN was not running properly. When the system started, the blades started to move and stopped almost immediately, then again the same thing happen, and after that it started normally.

You mean to say at the time of your oroblem CPU fan isn't rotating at all??
If yes, then shut your PC down ASAP, go to market and buy a CPU cooler. Fit it over processor before thinking about turning on your PC once again.

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
You mean to say at the time of your oroblem CPU fan isn't rotating at all??
If yes, then shut your PC down ASAP, go to market and buy a CPU cooler. Fit it over processor before thinking about turning on your PC once again.

No, it started and immediately stopped, then again started and stopped...and then it started and ran properly...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for all replies and thoughts...
What I did in the last few days are listed below...
1> Initially I was not able to run the Bootable Win 7 or Win XP Pro as after loading the initial system files from the CD/DVD...the system simply was not responding
3> Started the Bootable WIN 7 again, and VOILA...it started to work...so I formatted my C Drive and re-install the OS. But later I realized it was 32 bit.
4> Again after 2 days of running the system in 32 bit, I re-install the 64 bit WIN 7 Ultimate.
5> Installed all the necessary drivers from the motherboard CD. Installed Lucid Virtu and HD Audio drivers
6> Installed ESET Smart Security 5 and updated it.
7> Installed nVidia GeForce 310.90(WHQL) driver
8> Installed 7Zip, Foxit Reader, Razer Arctosa Driver, Logitech Gamepad Driver, CPUZ, GPUZ, WinRar, Daemon Tool Lite, Steam, IOBit Game Booster, VLC Player, WinAvi All in One Converter and Malware Byte.
9> Installed FarCry 3, Amnesia and AC3.
10> During this installation process system was restarted whenever necessary.
11> Then yesterday I started playing Farcry 3 at HIGH setting. Though the game ran smoothly, but in each checkpoint, the system was running very slowly and I saw the pixilated forms of the animation. Then I also started Afterfall Insanity, and the game was running smoothly and as expected.
12> I shut it down in the night.
13> Today morning, when I BOOT the system , I was not able to get the screen. WIN 7 loaded properly, I saw the logo, the initializing screen, but after that they system went BLACK, I can moved the mouse cursor properly, I booted the system in Safe Mode without any issue, but I was not able to boot the system in NORMAL mode.
Is it a problem with the Processor Fan? Or is it a software issue?
Tonight I will try to repair the WIN7 and also I will take out the RAM and clean them properly. I will also disable the STARTUP items and SERVICES from MSCONFIG to see if there is any problem.
But I am still not sure...what the problem is. This system is just 11 months old.
Please help.

Post your cu fan speed - look into bios.

about the windows 7 black screen just uninstall your gfx driver from safe mode and reinstall gfx driver - and if possible remount the gpu properly.

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman

about the windows 7 black screen just uninstall your gfx driver from safe mode and reinstall gfx driver - and if possible remount the gpu properly.

CPU fan speed is around 1100 RPM

saswat23

Human Spambot
Unmount all components, clean them and mount back again.

Even my PC was having BSODs after using HD 7770. I thought the card was the problem.
But later found out that my WiFi adapter was the problem. I could easily log in after removing it.

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
Unmount all components, clean them and mount back again.

Even my PC was having BSODs after using HD 7770. I thought the card was the problem.
But later found out that my WiFi adapter was the problem. I could easily log in after removing it.

Already tried that, but still...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

is not the speed is too low for a stock fan ? the fan should run at ~2500 RPM ( mx speed ) - disable all auto fan option like Q-fan or something similar and see at how much speed the fan can rotate.

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
is not the speed is too low for a stock fan ? the fan should run at ~2500 RPM ( mx speed ) - disable all auto fan option like Q-fan or something similar and see at how much speed the fan can rotate.

I haven't think about it, but thanks for pointing it out. I will try it then tomorrow.
I have seen it using SPEEDFAN, and from the BIOS. Also in SPEEDFAN, the CPU fan is running at 50%, and 2 other aux fan at 60% . I didn't changed it.
Also, yesterday, in the safe mode, I disabled all the STARTUP items and SERVICES and then restarted the system. Now the system is working.
But as you have pointed out, the FAN speed issue, I will check it from Q-Fan and Speedfan both and will post it tomorrow.

aashish75

Broken In
Usually in BIOS there will be an option for Fan Speed at startup. Please change it to Normal/Max that should solve some of your problem.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't think about it, but thanks for pointing it out. I will try it then tomorrow.
I have seen it using SPEEDFAN, and from the BIOS. Also in SPEEDFAN, the CPU fan is running at 50%, and 2 other aux fan at 60% . I didn't changed it.
Also, yesterday, in the safe mode, I disabled all the STARTUP items and SERVICES and then restarted the system. Now the system is working.
But as you have pointed out, the FAN speed issue, I will check it from Q-Fan and Speedfan both and will post it tomorrow.

did you by any chance using asus AI suite or some apps like that .. if so try to live without the. Granted they looks fancy and offers some functionality but it's better not to use them.

OP
ratzee199

ratzee199

Journeyman
did you by any chance using asus AI suite or some apps like that .. if so try to live without the. Granted they looks fancy and offers some functionality but it's better not to use them.

Yes, I am using them, and I have installed the ASUS AI suite from the motherboard CD. I have disabled them completely, though haven't uninstalled them. Shall I uninstall the entire suite from my system? What do you suggest?
I also installed the Lucid Virtu , but not sure whether this really helping...any idea on that application?

Top Bottom