System for FIFA 2011

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Hi guys...

A friend wants to configure a system and the primary use would be normal home use with the added caveat -- capability to play FIFA 2011 and "some racing" games at full HD.

I suggested him this:

PART|MODEL|PRICE
CPU|i5 2400|9300
Board|GA-H67M-D2-B3 (rev. 1.1)|5300
RAM|XMS3 4GB CMX4GX3M1A1600C9|1625
PSU|FSP Saga II 500W|2300
Cabinet|CM Elite 330|1950
GPU|You guys tell|
Monitor|HP 25" 1080pi|13000

Monitor he has decided and is adamant on it.

What further can be tweaked here to give rig longevity and keep pricing at a minimal. Note, this guy is not a hard core gamer. Will never even play RPG/FPS/TPS, absolutely never. Is a FIFA lover and wants to play FIFA 12 or FIFA 11.

Let me know.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
This is overkill for FIFA and regular usage. Can even go for a Athlon X4.

I have a friend with a HD5770/i5 7xx and he can play FIFA @ ultra with 60 fps and Dirt 3 @ high with 50fps.

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
Personally I would go for a console if that is all I wanted to play.FIFA games for console have been far ahead of their PC versions,though that may change with Fifa 2012.
Anyway,anything upward of 8800GT will suffice.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Tell him to buy Graphics Card from 6XXX Series...coz Nvidia Physix wont matter to him.
an entry level 6XXX card wud suffice for FIFA

d3p

PowerHouse
What further can be tweaked here to give rig longevity and keep pricing at a minimal. Note, this guy is not a hard core gamer. Will never even play RPG/FPS/TPS, absolutely never. Is a FIFA lover and wants to play FIFA 12 or FIFA 11.

Let me know.

A good motherboard with SLI support like MSI Z68A-GD55(approx 8k) & GPU like 6850 [bare-min] or 6870 will do the job pretty nicely especially with HD res.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Zangetsu

No, a 6670 or 6750 should be a bare minimum while choosing gpu for gaming. Nothing lower than that.

@ asingh

Go for a 6770 @ 7k and pair it with saga 500. Will be a good enough combo and will satisfy all your friend's needs.

But for 1080p gaming, a 6850 is a bare minimum. Just 2k more and msi 6850 cyclone power edition can be bought.

d3p

PowerHouse
^^ 6850 Bare min for HD Gaming.

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500|9800
Motherboard |MSI Z68A-GD55 -B3|8700
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1600
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD6850 1GB|9500
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |NZXT GAMMA|2000
| Total |4000

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Ofcourse 1080p. Asingh has suggested him a 1080p monitor.

Check the 1st post.

I am asking about settings, not resolution. A 6770/6750 is enough for low-medium settings gaming of FIFA11/12 at 1080p.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ opps my bad mate.:smile:

Nope, 6850 is bare min for fullhd gaming and that too with high settings for most games except the likes of crysis 2 and metro 2033.

6850 cyclone can handle all current racing titles including dirt3 at very high settings @ 1080p and give around 40 fps.

Its tried and tested on a benq g2220hdl monitor with phenom 2 955be.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Even I think he should simply get a console for FIFA and a cheap rig for other purposes. Xbox 360 is cheap and can be paired with a large TV if he has one already.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@asingh: at which settings he is gonna game?

@ 1080pi

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2500|9800
Motherboard |Intel DH67BL-B3|5500
RAM |Gskill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL|1600
Graphic Card |Sapphire HD6850 1GB|9500
PSU |Corsair GS600|4000
Case |NZXT GAMMA|2000
| Total |32400

Futureproof = MSI Z68A-GD55 -B3 @ 8.7k

Would not want an Intel board. They are not reliable anymore. RMA is painful.

Guys, remember it is ONLY FIFA 12 and some racing games for him. Never ever any FPS.

Even I think he should simply get a console for FIFA and a cheap rig for other purposes. Xbox 360 is cheap and can be paired with a large TV if he has one already.

Out of the question. He does a ton of other stuff on a computer. Movies/office work/surfing/chatting. So needs it for dual purposes.

He is not a gamer. Just a FIFA 12 player.

Also I am NOT going to pick any PSU by Coolermaster.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Would not want an Intel board. They are not reliable anymore. RMA is painful.

No buddy its a thing of past. RMA of intel,msi and zotac are now handled by DIGICARE which is a part of Smartlink Network Systems Ltd.

Rma procedure is a breeze and they repair or replace the boards within 10 working days. Its at nehru place in delhi and recently, they've opened a branch in Bhubaneshwar.
if they have stock, they even replace the board right away there itself.

You know i was having some heating issues with my board (intel dp55wb). These guys replaced my board within 7 days.
So i think you'll not face any issues regarding RMA.

They support intel boards, msi boards , graphics cards, zotac mainboards and graphics cards including netgear wireless routers.
Much much much much better than rashi peripherals and accel frontline.

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
@Asingh: Can check my previous post, edited the motherboard.

But dude, just let us know, what is the final budget ???

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
No buddy its a thing of past. RMA of intel,msi and zotac are now handled by DIGICARE which is a part of Smartlink Network Systems Ltd.

Rma procedure is a breeze and they repair or replace the boards within 10 working days. Its at nehru place in delhi and recently, they opened a branch in Bhubaneshwar.
if they have stock, they even replace the board right away there itself.

You know i was having some heating issues with my board (intel dp55wb). These guys replaced my board within 7 days.
So i think you'll not face any issues regarding RMA.

They support intel boards, msi boards , graphics cards, zotac mainboards and graphics cards including netgear wireless routers.

You absolutely sure about Intel. I do not want my hair pulled out later. Cause I will assemble and install the Win7. I am not comfortable at all with Intel boards.

Also why was Z67 recommended over H67..?

@Asingh: Can check my previous post, edited the motherboard.

But dude, just let us know, what is the final budget ???
Just keep it minimal. Remember he has a monitor in the bundle which I quoted in my first post. So to be safe, we do NOT want to go above 35K at any cost. Also, if you can suggest another 1080pi monitor which of course will have DVI/HDMI inputs.

Top Bottom