System does not boot

sama2802

Right off the assembly line
I have a serious problem and I doesn't seem to figure it out.
Problem is, whenever the power is turned on from the main switch the system starts on its own and then shuts down within 3-4 seconds.Pressing the power button on the cabinet does not start the PC. Main switch needs to be put off and again put on but problem remains same.
I tried using a new power supply, removing the RAM and cleaning the dust from the system.
Configuration is,
Motherboard: ASUS M2N68-AM Plus
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition
RAM: Transcend DDR2 800 (2+2GB)
Hard Drive: WD 500GB
Cabinet: iBall

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
remove the CMOS battery for sometime & reinsert it. this will reset BIOS & your problem may get solved. do it & than report back if the problem solved.

OP
S

sama2802

I tried removing & reinserting the CMOS battery, but of no use.Power is not supplied to the motherboard when the power pin on the board is touched by a screw driver.

jerrin_ss5

Never give up!!
does any beep sound come while booting if so check whther CPU is not over heating! try placing the heat sink properly! if that's not the problem check whther the board getting proper power supply if the board has onboard LED's for displayin good or bad power verify from that !!!

OP
S

sama2802

There was a problem with the motherboard.I gave it to the company.They declared it as irreparable.I got a replacement for it.
Thanks all.

Top Bottom