System administrator or Network Engineer ?

sumeet2009

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys
I need some career guidance from you.
I will be completing my MCA next year, but I am very weak at programming and do not want to do career in it.

I am very good at the desktop support and troubleshooting. (atleast this is what my friends say.)

I want to make a career in Networking or as a System Admin.
Which would be better in your opinion ?

If I go for Networking, what would be the correct career path ?

Is it like this ?
A+ (already done)
N+ (already done)
MCSA
MCSE
CCNA

Is CCNA enough to get a good job or do I need to go for CCNP, CCIE etc ?

One of my friend, who has just cleared CCIE security exam told me that I should go for CCNA + CCIE Storage Networking as there is very less competition.

Do you suggest me the same ?

And if I choose to become System Admin, then what would be the correct career path for it ?

Please guide me.
My whole future now depends on this decision.

power_8383

Eager to learn.
You should first do MCSA or RHCSA and then go for Cisco certifications.
Infact I am also doing MCA and want to do cisco certifications. :)

mahesh

naughty boy :) :)
The number of job opportunities for System Engineer/System Admin is less compared to Programmers. I may be wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

Anand_Tux

Journeyman
Buddy you must do MCSE & CCNA both. You don't have to do CCIE at this ponit because doing all that can confuse you. I am suggesting you both the options because it will give you both ways whether you want to became system admin or network engineer & enhance your CV.

The number of job opportunities for System Engineer/System Admin is less compared to Programmers. I may be wrong.

Just my 2 cents.

This is not true my friend. In fact, now-a-days job opportunities for System Admins are far more than Programmers.

Top Bottom