Sync out of Range

gramesh

Journeyman
Hi

PC specs:

ASUS M/B with on board graphics. HD is partitoned in to 3 parts with XP-SP3, Win 7 and Ubuntu on different partitons. Other OSs works well, but sometimes the XP shows the Sync out of Range error; which I took a photo and u/l, and the image is attached.

When I reboot 1 to 3 times it starts normally, this is happening only sometimes, other times it starts normally. Please tell me what could be the problem?

CA50

Cyborg Agent
That error usually appears when the output of the system is higher then the maximum capacity of the monitor.

Try lowering the video resolution and the refresh rate

OP
G

gramesh

Journeyman
thanks for all your replies.

hi mithun The MB model is ASUS P5KPL-VM.

As per lowering the resolution and refresh rate -- it works other times perfectly ok without changing anything!

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
download & install this
*downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_De...rsion=Windows XP Professional*&DownloadType=

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
^ +1 keep your drivers updated.
Lowering the resolution and maintaining the right refresh rate fixes the problem most of the time.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Start OS in safe mode & decrease resolution & then starting your PC in normal mode install & update drivers.

OP
G

gramesh

Journeyman
hi
I d/l the file mentioned by mithun and installed, also reduced the resolution, I observed for few days no problem, Again today the same scree as shown above? Please tell me any other solution?

Neuron

Electronic.
hi
I d/l the file mentioned by mithun and installed, also reduced the resolution, I observed for few days no problem, Again today the same scree as shown above? Please tell me any other solution?

Download the updated driver for your monitor not your graphics card.I too had this problem.I used to get sync out of range message when booting Windows 7,in rare cases.I installed the updated driver for my monitor and it worked.

OP
G

gramesh

Journeyman
Download the updated driver for your monitor not your graphics card.I too had this problem.I used to get sync out of range message when booting Windows 7,in rare cases.I installed the updated driver for my monitor and it worked.

Thanks Neuron, I d/l the monitor driver, installed, will come back after watching it for 2-3 days.

Top Bottom