Symbian????

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
anarchist said:
and i am not saying that dont take symbian. but you have two options with symbian:
1. dont share files with any body
2. learn to live with virus
Why not both?
I do share files via bluetooth but never have been got infected by a virus. How do you'll get infected? As of what I have read, you have to do 3-4 steps voluntarily only then these viruses get installed. And those people who are careless enough can't say much about them.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Instead of deterring new users they should rather be told what precautions to follow as to prevent getting infected by a virus. These are few steps that I follow :-
1) Scan the files you have received.
2) Check the application's name, details and certificate before installing.
3) Don't accept bluetooth connections from unknown users. If you are transferring data from some person, ask the name they have assigned to their device and only allow connection from that device and not any else unless you trust them. This can be a potential problem if the other side is infected so be careful.
4) Keep bluetooth off when not in use. not only for security reasons but also since bluetooth consumes more battery power.
Please add if you'll have anything more.
This way you can keep your Symbian phone safe, too.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
u r right anachist mobile anti-viruses are not effective .... norton or anyother they r all the same

prankie

D PrankMaster
pathiks said:
yup 3250 sucks cos its processor is too slow and also its os9.1 so very less apps r available...
but instead of 6630 i wd prefer n70.its d best

LOL!!!!!!!
N3250 has faster processor than any of the nokia mobiles... the processor of N3250 is clocked at 245Mhz.
and abt the OS... u r really misguided... coz symbi V9.1 is far far better than its predicessors... its much more secure and has many more features...
symbi 9.1 is the future of s60 platform and its quiet foolish to see people writing such stuff abt an os...

and if u still dont believe than here are the scores of ma phone (i.e. N3250) from Jbenchmark.
compare them with that of N70..

jbenchmark version 4.0.3

N3250

performance
smooth triangles 75065
textured triangles 64927
fill rate 1347kTexels
gaming 153 (5.1fps)

N70

performance
smooth triangles 63566
textured triangles 53977
fill rate 1309kTexels
gaming 120

Last edited:

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
freakanomics said:
Hey guyz, wat do u think about the w700i and k750i? Which is better? and y?
What is the price of n70? Did w800i really run out of production?
Thnx 4 ur replies....

Go for k750i. Great camera, good sound quality(though the screen is small)

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Well one of my uncles has a 3250. We both transferred School of Rock Movie(173 MB) into our phones(i hv a 6630) after formatting em. In my mob, it took 12 seconds for the file to open while in my uncles, it took 22 seconds!!!! Plus some games lagged like hell in his mobile, like FIFA 2006, MV cricket etc etc

prankie

D PrankMaster
That is because java games dont run well on newer symbi phones (specially with sound on)....
regarding opening file, ur statement doesnt make sense,,, coz 3250 is superior than 6630 in every aspect.. the problem may be due to lack of memory....

OP
F

freakanomics

Broken In
any votes for the w700i? honestly, it's my favoured one.....
So, does anti-virus really work? or is it just some program to waste the memory of the fone? It seems that there is no use of guarding ur fone against virus as almost everybody uses bluetooth.......
What do u say?

Pathik

Google Bot
@ anarchist most of the symbian viruses except some like skull are easy to remove... in the worst case scenario u may have to format or flash ur fone...
and prankie os9.1 is definitely the best... jus that there r not much apps out yet......

and dont take a SE fone... they suck cos only java applications....

Last edited by a moderator:

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
prankie said:
the problem may be due to lack of memory....

Maybe cos I got a 512 MMC and he had 256 MB MMC..............but still dude, I do think 6630 is loads better than 3250, though others may not think so................

OP
F

freakanomics

Broken In
Any one know the cost of w850 here or in Dubai?? Is it released here in India? What are the accesories that come with it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom