Symbian????

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakanomics

Broken In
Friends,
I am planning to buy a fone. Budget upto 15,000. I have thought about buying a w700i or n 3250 or k750i. I have other fones in mind, too. But problem is that i don't understand what is Symbian.
(1)watz the diff. btwn s40,s60 and other symbian levels?
(2) what is the use of symbian?
(3) DOES HAVING SYMBIAN MEAN THAT VIRUS CANNOT ATTACK THE FONE??
PLZ HELP!!!!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hope this helps:

Series 40
Series 60
Symbian OS

Series 40 phones hv smaller screen, a few appliactions.
Sereis 60 or Symbian phones hv Big screens, fully customizable. U can change the GUI, menu appearance, install many s/w like u install in Windows.

But there is a BIG risk of viruses in series 60, which is not in Series 40 phones.

OP
F

freakanomics

Broken In
Thanks 4 ur help! Which is the best fone with symbian under Rs.15k? Don't suggest motorola,siemens or samsung or any of the flip,sliding or swivelling fones.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
IMO Nokia 6630 is the best symbain phone under 15K. I dunno the latest prices but it should be b/w 11-12K. It is a Symbian series 60 phone version 8.1, AFAICR.

cyrux

In the zone
Wel,l 6630 and 6681 have the same processors and both are qually good, but since the shape of 6681 is better than 6630 and its also slimmer go for the 6681. It costs around 13k while the 6630 costs 11.2k.. worththe price difference

OP
F

freakanomics

Broken In
I've heard that 6630's processor is more faster than 6680. By the way, i wouldn't like to buy a fone that would be too big for my pocket(in size)!!

aku

Gonna make it BiG
btw 6630 is havin a larger pool memory than 6681 + havin a better matrix array!
IMO go wid 6630...

eminemence

Journeyman
Nokia 6630 is Symbian OS v8.0 and to support my statement here is the link:
*www.symbian.com/phones/nokia_6630.html
And there is a hell lot of difference between v8.0 and v8.1 as the kernel itself differs between these two versions.
And if you can stretch the budget a bit go for 3250 as its Symbian OS v9.1 which has lots of security features.
Hope this helps.
--eminemence.

Pathik

Google Bot
I would say that cough up some more cash and get a n70 os 8.1.....
it has 22 mb ram.. or take a 6630 cos 6681 has a ram problem...

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
@maharajadhiraj, explain me why 3250 sucks. my friend ready to buy 3250, he just waiting , when its price come down 12-13k.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
freakanomics said:
(3) DOES HAVING SYMBIAN MEAN THAT VIRUS CANNOT ATTACK THE FONE??
LOL! Quite the opposite, actually. Symbian phones can be attacked by viruses. But if you take care to install an antivirus app and deny anonymous Bluetooth requests, you should be just fine because Symbian viruses are not too widespread, yet.

Pathik

Google Bot
yup 3250 sucks cos its processor is too slow and also its os9.1 so very less apps r available...
but instead of 6630 i wd prefer n70.its d best

eminemence

Journeyman
aryayush said:
LOL! Quite the opposite, actually. Symbian phones can be attacked by viruses. But if you take care to install an antivirus app and deny anonymous Bluetooth requests, you should be just fine because Symbian viruses are not too widespread, yet.
Hey thats not the case with the new phones.
Symbian has taken care of the virus threat and now its gonna be nearly impossible to attack a Symbian phone.
--eminemence.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
eminemence said:
Hey thats not the case with the new phones.
Symbian has taken care of the virus threat and now its gonna be nearly impossible to attack a Symbian phone.
--eminemence.
just 1 statement for eminemence ...... Impossible is Nothing .... believe me.

OP
F

freakanomics

Broken In
Hey guyz, wat do u think about the w700i and k750i? Which is better? and y?
What is the price of n70? Did w800i really run out of production?
Thnx 4 ur replies....

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
I've heard that 6630's processor is more faster than 6680.

Well .. the 6680 tends to get slow as u use a very colour rich theme .. simple ... 6630 as 65k color screen and the 6680 262k one ... now a higher bit depth on the same processor (220 MHz ARM) tends to slow it down ... so as long as you keep ur theme selection proper , u won't get any slowdowns ...

Also .. 6680 has OS8.1 while 6630 has OS8.0 .. which means that the 6630 has better app. compatibility .... but the 6680 doesn't fall behind much .. about 2-3 incompatible apps ...

Bottomline .. stick to Symbian Series 60 v2 OS8.x for best performance and compatibility ...

About the 3250 .. i was not much impressed with the set .. except the sound i didn't like anything else ....

If u do want to invest on a good symbian phone .. then chose between the 6630 or the 6680/6681 ... the later having a flash ...

And about virus infecting symbian phones. .. dude .. loads of antivirus are present already ... and likewise ... as u do for ur pc ..u'll have to do for the phone too ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom