In the zone
Symbian Belle and 3 New phones running on Belle announced by Nokia

Symbian Belle
Nokia 701 - the brightest screen in the world
Nokia 700 - the smallest smartphone in the world
Nokia 600 - loud and proud

socrates

In the zone
V interesting, i hope they price it right in India. But they have not mentioned the screen size only the external dimensions of the piece :( After using E6 for some days I like it. Belle is supposed to be an improvement :) I was pinning my hopes on 700 but it seems small :(

*www.gsmarena.com/symbian_bellerunning_nokia_600700_and_701_announced-news-3040.php This mentions the screen size :) if you want the specs check out gsmarena here

*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_600-4118.php
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_700-4021.php
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_701-4119.php

Last edited:

socrates

In the zone
Symbian Belle brings major UI changes, looks Android-ish

Nokia pulled the cover off Symbian Belle, which will debut with the three new models (600, 700 and 701). It succeeds Anna and brings more improvements to the Symbian OS - to quote the press release, "All in all, Symbian Belle provides Nokia's most competitive, seamless and intuitive Symbian experience so far." Symbian Belle brings major UI changes, looks Android-ish - GSMArena.com news

*tech2.in.com/news/general/update-symbian-belle-officially-announced/237152

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
do those 3.2" really need a 1Ghz processor? or in more technical terms, will it make a difference for Symbian Belle to run on a 600Mhz processor than a 1Ghz processor? i am sure Nokia is going to brag about that fast processor. and in the end give a bad price tag.

socrates

In the zone
do those 3.2" really need a 1Ghz processor? or in more technical terms, will it make a difference for Symbian Belle to run on a 600Mhz processor than a 1Ghz processor? i am sure Nokia is going to brag about that fast processor. and in the end give a bad price tag.

If they are foolish to price it high then they will get screwed. But if you look at the specs the batteries used are not v large capacity, so it will depend on the power consumption, they say its economical in power consumption. All are to be released in Q3 does it mean all of them will come out in the next 30+ days?? Its almost end August now.

Last edited:

R2K

In the Zone
When will I be able to see a Nokia phone running android ???:D
Is it too much to ask for ?

socrates

In the zone
I don't think most Nokia users will mind if Symbian starts to function like Andriod but is called XYZ by Nokia :) Of course the price too has to be right.

OP
Terabyte

Terabyte

In the zone
The Nokia 701 will be available in steel dark, silver light, amethyst violet, and white variations and is expected to come to market in the third quarter of 2011. Before local taxes or operator subsidies, it will cost around EUR 290.
Approx 19.2k(Overpriced by 2k IMO)
Coming in cool grey, silver/white, coral red, peacock blue and purple varieties, the Nokia 700 is expected to retail at around EUR 270 without local taxes or operator subsidies and is expected to become available in the third quarter of 2011.
Approx 18k(Overpriced by 2k IMO)
The Nokia 600 will be available in black, white, pink and lime flavours from the third quarter of 2011. Before taxes and operator subsidies, it will cost around EUR 180.
Approx 12k(Overpriced by 2k IMO)

noob

Cyborg Agent
I'm seeing the trademark Android notification bar everywhere... iPhones, Bada... and now this.

noob

Cyborg Agent
Re: Symbian Belle brings major UI changes, looks Android-ish

exactly, I'm seeing the trademark Android notification bar everywhere... iPhones, Bada... and now this.

socrates

In the zone
Approx 19.2k(Overpriced by 2k IMO)

Approx 18k(Overpriced by 2k IMO)

Approx 12k(Overpriced by 2k IMO)

Agree 100% They would have to be nuts to price it this way. I had seen on some other site the 600 would be priced <10k I hope better sense prevails as it is E6 was price at 17100-17200 in Mumbai, Now I see it priced at 15k+ on Flipkart.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
The price WILL be cheaper here.

Even Nokia N8 was more expensive in Europe than India. Current pricing according to Wikipedia is 370 euros (~Rs. 24500) and INR 21000. Rs. 3500 price difference

Last edited:

socrates

In the zone
Links on YouTube

Symbian Belle - UI hands-on demo - YouTube

The all-new Symbian Belle - YouTube

Tap into something new via Nokia NFC - YouTube

Nokia 701 - World's brightest smartphone with Symbian Belle - YouTube

Nokia's loudest smartphone - Nokia 600 with Symbian Belle - YouTube

R2K

In the Zone
Need to give them so more time. Already they are bugged up with lots including belle, wp7 :p

I don't know about others but if nokia doesn't come up with a android model soon,..I'm not gonna buy another smart phone from nokia again..:D
I like Nokia's build quality more than anything....but if they don't care to do something about the OS part they simply don't give me a choice :D

socrates

In the zone
Anybody know when will belle update for existing phones be released??:???:

Nokia recently introduced the Symbian Belle update to the world. They also announced three new smartphones running the Belle update viz. Nokia 600, 700 and 701. The company even promised users that the update will soon be available for existing Symbian^3 devices like the Nokia N8, C7, E7, C6-01, X7 and E6. For a quick look at what Belle has to offer, read on. A quick look at the new Symbian Belle update

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Nokia is on the last row in market...due to android OS & others..
so thats y sudden new OS annoncements...
symbian Anna & now symbian Belle....

Top Bottom