Symantec Sues Microsoft to Stop Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well shailesh may ask u an obivious question which operating system did u first use? and got addicted to the computer ..... and yes i am aware about the fact that dos was not gates' creation and hence if u read my post i have not mentioned gates creating dos ....... but windows 95 was not the first windows version it was the first 1 that made computers so user friendly

well and as far as the spoon fed thing goes after using as os other than windows have u learnt how to make an os well if not i dont think its worth the effort because as many anti-windows users feel windows has enough problems of its own to enhance ur knowledge fo trouble-shooting

and why the hell did digit dump phpBB (open source) for vBulletin ..... because to get features in phpBB u have code them and it is a tedious job where as vB has almost all the features such as attachments, reputation, a lot of restrictions by default ...... which means less productivity and more input from administrators, users

and im not anti-linux but people have to change their attitude 1 moment something is good the next it is worthless useless ..... this attitude should change

Last edited:
T

thunderbird.117

mAV3 said:
well shailesh may ask u an obivious question which operating system did u first use? and got addicted to the computer ..... and yes i am aware about the fact that dos was not gates' creation and hence if u read my post i have not mentioned gates creating dos ....... but windows 95 was not the first windows version it was the first 1 that made computers so user friendly

well and as far as the spoon fed thing goes after using as os other than windows have u learnt how to make an os well if not i dont think its worth the effort because as many anti-windows users feel windows has enough problems of its own to enhance ur knowledge fo trouble-shooting

and why the hell did digit dump phpBB (open source) for vBulletin ..... because to get features in phpBB u have code them and it is a tedious job where as vB has almost all the features such as attachments, reputation, a lot of restrictions by default ...... which means less productivity and more input from administrators, users

and im not anti-linux but people have to change their attitude 1 moment something is good the next it is worthless useless ..... this attitude should change

Take it easy.

You made your point.

shailesh is a kid. I can see how depesrate he is.

I dont why you people hate Bill-Gates and MS.

If you talk with a Linux geek they say hate Bill Gates and MS.

This linux dudes what they call themselves has. There are so Dumb.

Techinator

Broken In
am with mAV3. if it had not been for DOS and windows and considering the closed platform style of macintosh we still would have been watering our mouths seeing macs of the few rich geeks of the city and dreaming of having one. you curse MS and yet when it comes to some tricky task you resort to XP coz (generally) you dont have mac and linux u cant find comparably good software and there is always that driver problem.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well i have a feeling tht there are going to be a lot more viruses tht will hit vista thn xp...
neither will the fiewall nor the defender will b able to stop them...

mihirvashist

Journeyman
mAV3 said:
After reading this topic i think it is true that people are jealous of successful people ...... well lets see if my memory is correct wasn't it a software called windows 95 made by a "thief" that took the world with storm and people like the one's posting here started their love for computers ........

Know Your Roots

good old billy boy opened the gates to the future u are living today ....... jealousy will lead you no where it dont matter whether you call him a thief he is the richest man in the world he has made a product that the entire world uses and the genius jobs almost was losing his job until a certain iPod came along....... guyz respect your peers !!!
i agree with mAV3 ,
all those who are stating MR.BILL GATES as thief i would like to remind you that you all were writing those messages of your on an operating system designed by company that was built by him and not inherited.
so give respect he is better than you and for all those who'll say that his company designed it not him i'll like to tell you that he is the chief designer/programmer(until he retires)
so what did you got from the above messages:-
HE IS SUCCESFUL
MAKE HIM YOUR IDOL NOT CRITISIZE HIM

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
mihirvashist said:
all those who are stating MR.BILL GATES as thief i would like to remind you that you all were writing those messages of your on an operating system designed by company that was built by him and not inherited.
There are many of us who have posted here who don't have windows on our system including me.

mihirvashist said:
so give respect he is better than you and for all those who'll say that his company designed it not him i'll like to tell you that he is the chief designer/programmer(until he retires)
Only thing about him I respect is his business sense. What I hate about him, hate absolutely is his unethical business practises.

mihirvashist said:
so what did you got from the above messages:-
Nothing

mihirvashist said:
HE IS SUCCESFUL
MAKE HIM YOUR IDOL NOT CRITISIZE HIM
Never will I make him my idol. Who wants to make him one is free to do so.

drsethi

Journeyman
How many of us can afford Microsoft products. You cannot redistribute or share your copy of Windows or just cannot change its code. Linux makes you the owner of your copy . Do anything with it . That is the difference. Just calculate the amount of money going outside India to purchase Paid softwares.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
drsethi said:
Just calculate the amount of money going outside India to purchase Paid softwares.

Certainly far less then the amount everyone saves by using pirated copies.

I am neither a Linux-hater nor do I like to suck up to Microsoft. I will reserve my judgement about the high prices and crap till each and every software that I possess is genuine.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
drsethi said:
How many of us can afford Microsoft products. You cannot redistribute or share your copy of Windows or just cannot change its code.
the way i see it if i have created something and ppl want it they hv to pay for it, secondly its my creation why should i giv out the info of how i created it in a market where ppl luv to copy.
drsethi said:
Linux makes you the owner of your copy . Do anything with it . That is the difference.
thats the difference between vBulletin and phpbb but digit shifted to vB because of certain flaws that i hav personally pointed out.

btw i luv phpbb as compared to vB, phpbb rocks and so does windows

mehulved

ninad_mhatre85 said:
those who hate bill gates
just ask urself if u get offer letter from MICROSOFT wat will u do???
Pure and simply reject it. No second thoughts. I wouldn't work with a company/profession I cannot connect with.

mihirvashist

Journeyman
tech_your_future said:
Pure and simply reject it. No second thoughts. I wouldn't work with a company/profession I cannot connect with.
you are saying all this becuz your ego is at stake but in reality you'll jump around your house if you ever receive a letter from microsoft:mad:

mehulved

mihirvashist said:
you are saying all this becuz your ego is at stake but in reality you'll jump around your house if you ever receive a letter from microsoft:mad:
Forget it. Let's stop taking this OT including me. If you want to talk more on this topic you can talk someplace else. I don't mind you PM'ing me for this. But, let's stick to the topic in this thread.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
What's going on here? Going on OT and members calling other names.

It's almost 2 months old now. Closing this thread as there is nothing more to discuss on this topic. Someone PMed me abt this thread and asked to close this one.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom