Status
Not open for further replies.

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
My symantec corporate antivirus always remains disabled, when i enable it , it automatically becomes disabled. what can the problem be?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Is it licensed version or evaluation version? Please give full name and product version. Also let me know if you have any other security tools installed in the PC.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
I think you are running a personal firewall. In such cases, you need to configure the ports for Symantec to perform Liveupdate and RTVScan properly.

Firewall Recommendations:

If you are operating behind a personal firewall, you will need to open the following ports to enable Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition client/server communications and LiveUpdate to work correctly:

* TCP and UDP port 2967 - RTVScan
* TCP ports 80 and 443 - LiveUpdate
* UDP port 38293 - Intel PDS

For more information on port configuration, see Symantec Document ID 2005033011582148.

If you are running Service Pack 2 for Windows XP, you should run version 9.x of Symantec AntiVirus or greater (a current version is available at UNC Shareware Distribution). Then to enable Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition client/server communications to work efficiently, you will either need to allow service exceptions in Windows Firewall, or you can open specific ports. For instructions on how to create service exceptions in Windows Firewall, see Symantec Document ID 2004070609092148. For other documents related to firewall exceptions, see Document ID 2004070612172148.
Read More

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
sounds like yah u either have a virus or some conflicting software, another firewall/AV prg running, do u run windows defender? try doing a clean boot with just symantec services/startup items running (msconfig). also you should have a symantec folder in my docs and there should be a TXT file in there that should have your pro key, or try scanning the reg for Kstore folder ( Me thinks it is in HKLM\software\symantec) the Kstore key should hold your pro key..... if you tried all that sounds like you product maybe corrupt, and you may need to reinstall. you can try running some programs from symantec (not sure if they will work with your ver though, cuz it sounds like you are using a corporate edition) go to www.symantec.com/autotools, or www.symantec.com/cstools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom