Swift Vxi Vs Figo Titanuim!!!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
My brother is upgrading his 2007 Alto, need advice on a sensible choice on Hatch backs. will be getting about 1.6L-1.7L for the Alto.

A fully loaded Figo costs less than Swift Vxi (even DS). Figo is with ABS, Dual airbags, Alloy wheels etc. only concern is it has less power than Swift.

we won't be going for Disel Car.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
My friend had zeroed in on Figo and gave up after a TD. The rear windows does not go all the way down and the ground clearance is very less. You will be having a difficult time driving it loaded in Indian roads thanks to the speed breakers and potholes. Also, I think there are no power windows for the rear, even in the top-end model.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
As rightly pointed out, Figo has less/bad ground clearance which definitely is an issue on indian city roads where speedbreakers and pot holes are more in numbers.

As he is already habituated to Maruti's drive comforts and handling, he should feel it home in a Swift. Swift ofcourse sports better performance compared to Figo. Also the style quotient and the variety in colors available make it an awesome purchase ofcourse for a premium price compared to most of the hatchbacks available. Even the back seating space is more in swift that fits in 3 heathy (u know what i mean) comfortably.

ashs1

Padawan
Maruti Suzuki Swift:
Pros:
1. Best Handling in Hatchback segment.
2. Very Decent Milege
3. Loads of room in Front.
4. Best service Network & very Customer Friendly too !!
5. Unmatched Build & quality
6. Can easily get the Adrenaline going as it has loads of power..
7. Spare Parts are fairly priced.

Cons :
1. Very less Boot space.
2. Rear Legroom feels cramped.
3. A bit Expensive.

Ford Figo :
Pros :
1. Very Comfy.
2. decent Interiors.
3. Smooth Drive as the suspensions are good.
4. Good Mileage
5. Good rearlegroom & bootspace !
6. Very Affordable.

Cons :
1. Limited Service Networks as compared to Maruti Suzuki.
2. Feels Underpowered.
3. Engine feels very stressed post 95kmph.
4. doubts about Build Quality & Service.
5. Spare parts are priced a bit on the higher side.
6. lack of rear power windows

It all comes down to you !! If you want the extra rear legroom & bootspace ( in case you frequently go for very long drives with families ), Figo should be the one for you.
But, For Driving in City & around, Swift is the much better car. The Car is not much spacious on the rearside, but if you can overlook this fact, the swift is the best deal in this segment at the moment !!
If you can extend yur budget for the diesel version, its even much more efficient/better & fun to drive than the Petrol Variant, but then, it costs extra for diesel version.

My take : Go for Swift !!

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
im going for a TD for Figo today,
Will visit Chevy and Renault showrooms for their options..

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
It really is a close call between these two cars. Swift petrol has a better engine than the Figo petrol. But, when it comes to handling & comfort, nothing I mean nothing can come close to the Figo. Figo is the best damn handling hatch out there. Trust me, I've driven both Swift & Figo extensively on the mountainous roads. I live in Himachal :). Figo outperforms Swift when it comes to handling & dynamics. The steering has a nice feel to it & the cabin of Figo feels airy. The only car which comes close to Figo's handling is undoubtedly Fiat Punto.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
if you have a small family and looking for a smaller car, there are many options around. Chevy has got a couple, Hyundai also has some.
I am suprised why wasnt i20 not in the consideration, I know its underpowered but is still in the leagues of Swift and Figo.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
New Car in consideration. Renault Pulse RxZ ..very nice features. everyone liked it.. taking for Test Ride tomorrow.

Petrol is 3 cylinder 76@6KRPM.

@rakesh.. no Hyundai. dono why everyone hates it in my family.

The ford guys were pathetic.. they weren't interested in the customers at all :/

Last edited:
OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just realized after speaking to hellknight that Pulse is a revamped Micra .. :facepalm: choosing a car is such a headache.. and I am not even buying it :headbang:

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just back from Toyota showroom, Checkout Liva and its very promising. better features than Figo. We couldn't check Chevy Uva. may be tomorrow I can check that.

ashs1

Padawan
^ i somewhat agree to what shreymittal said...
The VW polo is treat to drive & handles pretty fantastic.
The only cons to the otherwise excellent Polo :

1. Mileage is low.
2. Its a bit expensive, but, its understandable as its a volkswagen product !!
3. Low No. of Service centres when compared to its competition ( Maruti, Hyundai,etc )

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Vw polo

Better than any car out there.

1. Mileage is low.
2. Its a bit expensive, but, its understandable as its a volkswagen product !!
3. Low No. of Service centres when compared to its competition ( Maruti, Hyundai,etc )

Polo is expensive.. so nope..

will check out Sail U-va soon.

@mods.. can you rename the thread to "Suggestion for Mid Range Hatchback" ?

shreymittal

Being Human

1. Mileage is low.p It gives us 14KMPL in city Delhi Traffic

2. Its a bit expensive, but, its understandable as its a volkswagen product !! I pay 8K per year only much cheaper than maruti. In swift Atleast u have to pay 4K @ every 5K KMS DO your maths buddy.

3. Low No. of Service centres when compared to its competition ( Maruti, Hyundai,etc ) True but Quality is way ahead

Correction.
Take a TD than decide.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
found this interesting article

Chevrolet Sail U-VA vs Toyota Liva vs Ford Figo vs Maruti Swift | Feature | Autocar India

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
If you are TDing Polo, just try Skoda Fabia as well. Loads of room. But service availability could be a concern.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1. VW and Skoda service is done by TATA so be ready for mighty facepalms and headaches
2. Chevy beat is junk. very delicate,underpowered and car feels bloody tense when you cross 90
3. Sail U-VA is a comparatively better car but you may have issue with service and spares and heard that interior is pretty poor. For ABS variant, you have to pay 6L atleast for a petrol variant. that's Punto's and i20's zone. With 174mm (6 mm more than Figo) ground clearance, it should be good.
4. Ford Figo top end maxes out at some 6L but you get bloody every thing and is worth the price. W.r.t ground clearance, difference between Figo and Swift is just 2mm and that is negligible
5. Swift is still one of the best hatchbacks available in India and given the superb service and cheaper spare parts, this one is still a winner. Only problem though is with tiny luggage compartment and huge A-pillar. Do take a test drive.

For me, its between Punto, Swift and i20 (ABS, good enginer and strong build quality being my priority). Currently inclining more towards Punto Dynamic diesel. Thing is built like a tank and is still a very good head turner. (budget of 7.5L max)

Top Bottom