The Mighty Unkel!!!
MY brother can't wait till next year
1. VW and Skoda service is done by TATA so be ready for mighty facepalms and headaches
2. Chevy beat is junk. very delicate,underpowered and car feels bloody tense when you cross 90. No it doesn't.
3. Sail U-VA is a comparatively better car but you may have issue with service and spares and heard that interior is pretty poor. For ABS variant, you have to pay 6L atleast for a petrol variant. that's Punto's and i20's zone. With 174mm (6 mm more than Figo) ground clearance, it should be good.
4. Ford Figo top end maxes out at some 6L but you get bloody every thing and is worth the price. W.r.t ground clearance, difference between Figo and Swift is just 2mm and that is negligible
5. Swift is still one of the best hatchbacks available in India and given the superb service and cheaper spare parts, this one is still a winner. Only problem though is with tiny luggage compartment and huge A-pillar. Do take a test drive.
For me, its between Punto, Swift and i20 (ABS, good enginer and strong build quality being my priority). Currently inclining more towards Punto Dynamic diesel. Thing is built like a tank and is still a very good head turner. (budget of 7.5L max)
ohh.. VW polo shouldn't even be compared to these cars..Its a premium Hatchback while the others are not..same way, you can't compare Honda Amaze & Honda city OR Swift Dzire & SX4 OR Verna & Elantra..
Updates from my tests (may help you too):
The first car we tried was Punto and wife’s response was “this interior looks like Indica, its cramped. Punto is puss puss, I don’t want it”. I felt the same. Ride is good but everything else is ……
Etios: bloody huge cabin, a proper sedan and the hatchback too is huge, can stick to 3rd gear and drive at 20kmph, butter smooth suspension (able to handle any kind of road with eased, we tried bumpy dirt road and was impressive), solid pick up and accleration, turning radius (4.9 mtr) is less than that of Punto and Swift even though this is a sedan, amazing brakes, rich looking interiors, dual air bags, ABS with EBD, full specced stereo with steering mounted controls to take calls via Bluetooth, 15” alloy wheels, 1496cc/90 PS/132Nm engine, 585 litre boot, electric power steering, fog lamps, glove box cooling, 7 bottle holders, defogger, immobilizer etc. Cant ask for more in a sub 9k sedan. The price is 8.56L and it includes cashless, zero-depreciation insurance from Toyota.