Swans d1010mkii bookshelf speakers - reviewed

shreeux

Movie Buff
Besides, the following were also noteworthy:

Harman Kardon Soundsticks: Rs.9000
Circle Arko 100W: Rs.7000 (really amazing deal on flipkart at that time)
Audioengine A2: Rs.10000

What did you get finally?

I never get anything same as you...stuck with Creative 3130..this also making noise..

Where will get this Circle Arko & Audioengine A2?

D

Deleted member 118788

I am in the same boat as above all. I am looking for a speaker and it can be 5.1/7.1 due to space issues. So, I think bookshelf speakers will be a good choice. Any recommendations? I am confused between Swan M10, Swans d1010mkii, Swans d1080mkii and AudioEngine A2.

aakaash

Broken In
Where will get this Circle Arko & Audioengine A2?

Sorry mate, no longer available. Although the Audioengine A2+ is available in amazon at a very hefty price.

I am in the same boat as above all. I am looking for a speaker and it can be 5.1/7.1 due to space issues. So, I think bookshelf speakers will be a good choice. Any recommendations? I am confused between Swan M10, Swans d1010mkii, Swans d1080mkii and AudioEngine A2.

If you have followed this thread then you might know that I had purchased a set of Swan d1010mkii and was very happy with the sound quality. The only problem was the loud pop that the speakers emitted during switch off :angry_NF:. So I returned them :devil_NF: and now researching for viable alternatives. The swan m10 is very popular among the audiophile community and is also reasonably priced. The d1080 on the other hand are almost twice as expensive and only marginally better due to the 2.0 configuration and stereo bass. The major problem is that all the good speakers are either no longer available in India or prohibitively expensive :drool_NF:. Sigh :crying2_NF:

shreeux

Movie Buff
Sorry mate, no longer available. Although the Audioengine A2+ is available in amazon at a very hefty price.

If you have followed this thread then you might know that I had purchased a set of Swan d1010mkii and was very happy with the sound quality. The only problem was the loud pop that the speakers emitted during switch off :angry_NF:. So I returned them :devil_NF: and now researching for viable alternatives. The swan m10 is very popular among the audiophile community and is also reasonably priced. The d1080 on the other hand are almost twice as expensive and only marginally better due to the 2.0 configuration and stereo bass. The major problem is that all the good speakers are either no longer available in India or prohibitively expensive :drool_NF:. Sigh :crying2_NF:

Now i dig Here... to get any interesting...

aakaash

Broken In
Enough of this confusion. :whew_NF::sweating_NF::yawn_NF:

Ordered the Swan M10. Now I can focus on my actual work.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
An update.

I followed up with the Pristine Note guys on the popping issue yet again.

they say that Swans has confirmed this as a non-issue and is a result of the capacitors discharging. Swans has also said that this will not harm the speakers in any way.

I will still say that this is just bad design.

shreeux

Movie Buff
An update.

they say that Swans has confirmed this as a non-issue and is a result of the capacitors discharging. Swans has also said that this will not harm the speakers in any way.

In All Models?:ligthbulb_NF:

aakaash

Broken In
An update.

Well, let me receive my m10. Then everything will be clear.

The only reason I returned the d1010mkii was this popping issue and there was no response from the seller regarding the same. Besides it was the last day for any refund requests to be made.

Sent from my Redmi 2 prime using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

I have also talked with Hifinage, the authorized seller for Swans products in India about the popping issue. They informed me that this is due to the class AB amplifier (very powerful) used in the speakers and advised to keep the volume+bass at zero before switching the speakers on/off. But the d1010mkii had the problem even after doing so, so it must have been be a defect. BTW, the m10s are going to arrive by 29th of this month :-D.

aakaash

Broken In
Got the speakers today :-D
On listening to these one thing became apparent: nothing can beat a decent 2.0 system in music. Although this new system is somewhat better than the d1010 but the stereo bass was better for music. Now trying to position the speakers properly.
*i.imgur.com/TqX5Gdx.jpg
*i.imgur.com/4dzo1G1.jpg
*i.imgur.com/MgI8zIV.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ZKwEkay.jpg

Last edited:

shreeux

Movie Buff
On listening to these one thing became apparent: nothing can beat a decent 2.0 system in music. Although this new system is somewhat better than the d1010 but the stereo bass was better for music. Now trying to position the speakers properly.

Good to heard..But today my Creative T3130 almost dead. So finally looking for new speaker, My preference is Movies,Games & Music, which one you to refer to buy.

Which site did you bought & Price?
How many days you get your product?

aakaash

Broken In
So finally looking for new speaker, My preference is Movies,Games & Music, which one you to refer to buy.

1. Which are the ones you have shortlisted?
2. Do you prefer music or movies?
3. Budget?

Which site did you bought & Price?

I bought the speakers @7250 from amazon.in. (The seller being Hifinage)

How many days you get your product?

The seller shipped the item via dotzot on 18th of March and I got them today, 1st April. There was some problem with the courier service that resulted in the delay, but all is well that ends well :-D, right?

D

Deleted member 118788

[MENTION=322279]aakaash[/MENTION]: Do you recommend this speaker for my usage? It will be light music and light gaming.

shreeux

Movie Buff
I think before that In my home TV (KDL-32W670A) & System (HP Pavilion 23CW) in different room..When ever watching movies, I was shifted my Creative Speaker most frequently..that's why speakers gone or fault...I think so..!!!

So decide to buy 2 set 2.0 & 2.1 budget below 20k.,

1. Which are the ones you have shortlisted?
2. Do you prefer music or movies?
3. Budget?

1. Swan M10,Logitech Z-623 2.1
2.Movies,Games & Music
3. Decide to buy 2 set 2.0 & 2.1 budget below 20k.,

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
*i.imgur.com/TqX5Gdx.jpg
*i.imgur.com/4dzo1G1.jpg
*i.imgur.com/MgI8zIV.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ZKwEkay.jpg

try and shift the woofer below the table.

Are the main speakers the same size as the D1010??

aakaash

Broken In
try and shift the woofer below the table.

The manufacturer insists that the woofer be kept on the table for the perfect listening experience. Still will give it a shot.

Are the main speakers the same size as the D1010??

No, they were much bigger- the m10 satellites are approximately 60-70% of the d1010. I don't know how to put this, but the d1010 sounded more full bodied(for the lack of a better word). Don't get me wrong, the m10s are really a treat to the ears with more bass (both quality and quantity) but still I would choose the d1010 any time of the day due to the stereo bass. Or did the long gap between hearing the d1010 and the m10 confuse me :thinking_NF:?

- - - Updated - - -

I think before that In my home TV (KDL-32W670A) & System (HP Pavilion 23CW) in different room..When ever watching movies, I was shifted my Creative Speaker most frequently..that's why speakers gone or fault...I think so..!!!

So decide to buy 2 set 2.0 & 2.1 budget below 20k.,

1. Swan M10,Logitech Z-623 2.1
2.Movies,Games & Music
3. Decide to buy 2 set 2.0 & 2.1 budget below 20k.,

For the 2.1 setup the Logitech z623 will be good for movies. Rs. 7200
For the 2.0 setup go for the Swans d1080 Rs.12500

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION=322279]aakaash[/MENTION]: Do you recommend this speaker for my usage? It will be light music and light gaming.

Sure, this system is a great balance between music and gaming and you get the best of both worlds, well almost.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
The manufacturer insists that the woofer be kept on the table for the perfect listening experience. Still will give it a shot.

No, they were much bigger- the m10 satellites are approximately 60-70% of the d1010. I don't know how to put this, but the d1010 sounded more full bodied(for the lack of a better word). Don't get me wrong, the m10s are really a treat to the ears with more bass (both quality and quantity) but still I would choose the d1010 any time of the day due to the stereo bass. Or did the long gap between hearing the d1010 and the m10 confuse me :thinking_NF:?

i was guessing as much.

i would trade a 2.1 system for a 2.0 system anyday.

Top Bottom