Swans d1010mkii bookshelf speakers - reviewed

aakaash

Broken In
Thanks buddy :doublethumb:.

Posted about the purchase on *forum.digit.in/lifestyle/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-2520.html thread. Do watch the unboxing video :lol:.

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
So anirbandd bro....where did you learned so much about these Amps and speakers( technical knowledge)?

fiddled with them.

Posted about the purchase on *forum.digit.in/lifestyle/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-2520.html thread. Do watch the unboxing video :lol:.

Nice!!

- - - Updated - - -

let us know how you feel about the sound after a few days of listening.

aakaash

Broken In
fiddled with them.

Nice!!

- - - Updated - - -

let us know how you feel about the sound after a few days of listening.

I was so preoccupied with the sound quality that I forgot to mention a very important issue that was reported in your review too. There is kind of a "pop" every time I switch these speakers off. It happens only during the power off process and not during power on. Maybe there is no "mute" circuit for the transients. I talked with the customer care executive of Flipkart and he said that this is common to all loudspeakers. Should I worry about it?

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Flipkart CC? No.

Contact the seller.

If the seller was PristineNote, let me know. I will give you some contact details.

aakaash

Broken In
Yup, the seller was PrinstineNote. Any contact information will be very helpful as the phone number provided on the website is not working. Thanks.

aakaash

Broken In
Update: Feeling very sad- returning my beloved swans speakers tomorrow :crying_NF:

Summary: For the short time that I had with these speakers, I was introduced to a whole new world of clarity. It made me realize the significance of 2.0 bookshelf speakers and what I was missing for all these days. But there was this weird popping sound everytime I switched them off :confused_NF:. I tried contacting the seller, but there was no response from their side :thinking_NF:. This forced me to return the speakers while the 10 day return policy was still valid . Don't know why every good thing is accompanied by an equally bad one.

Last edited:

aakaash

Broken In
i think this is not a issue...I have same problem in creative T3130 some times..But it will not effect any issue.,

That is what I thought initially and didn't pay attention to the issue. Then a google search revealed how this is going to spoil the tweeter over time. I therefore thought that I should contact the seller about the issue. But they didn't respond and the flipkart cc said for either a replacement or a refund. I couldn't risk it again and thus chose for a refund.

shreeux

Movie Buff
That is what I thought initially and didn't pay attention to the issue. Then a google search revealed how this is going to spoil the tweeter over time. I therefore thought that I should contact the seller about the issue. But they didn't respond and the flipkart cc said for either a replacement or a refund. I couldn't risk it again and thus chose for a refund.

ok...good,
What about next choice to buy?

aakaash

Broken In
I am thinking about expanding my budget a bit and get the swans d1080 or jbl control one with an amplifier. I might also buy the swans m10, the only concern is it is a 2.1 system and I like the 2.0 setup. What do you think?

OP
anirbandd

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
if you are buying new speakers to mainly enjoy your music collection, then stick with 2.0

else, go for 2.1

aakaash

Broken In
if you are buying new speakers to mainly enjoy your music collection, then stick with 2.0

else, go for 2.1

I am thinkining of getting either the swans m10 or extending the budget and getting the d1080. I have heard that the m10 is very good for music and is also 5K less than the d1080. Besides, there is no other option.

Why don't we Indians get options like Dayton, polk, pioneer, mackie, audioengines, etc online for resonable prices? They are available yes, but are prohibitively expensive. I think there is enough demand and someone could take the initiative.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Any reviews...M-Audio AV42 Studio Monitor Desktop Speakers

also

[h=1]Edifier Exclaim Bi-Amped 2.0 Speaker System[/h]

aakaash

Broken In
I am at a loss :confused:. Cannot decide between the swans m10 or d1080. Most reviewers claim that the m10 is equivalent to the d1080 but with a very sightly weaker mids but better lows. Highs are comparable on both. Besides the m10 also costs almost 50% less than the d1080. The edifiers don't have any reivews and MAudio Studiophile AV40 is very pricey and i think it cannot be better than the swans d1080. Any other alternatives?

shreeux

Movie Buff
I am at a loss :confused:. Cannot decide between the swans m10 or d1080. Most reviewers claim that the m10 is equivalent to the d1080 but with a very sightly weaker mids but better lows. Highs are comparable on both. Besides the m10 also costs almost 50% less than the d1080. The edifiers don't have any reivews and MAudio Studiophile AV40 is very pricey and i think it cannot be better than the swans d1080. Any other alternatives?

Previously in my list...now not available
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
Boston SoundWare xs 2.1

Finally instead of buying..some one recommended here..better to buy A/V with 2.1 we got more options...

aakaash

Broken In
Previously in my list...now not available
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
Boston SoundWare xs 2.1

Finally instead of buying..some one recommended here..better to buy A/V with 2.1 we got more options...

Besides, the following were also noteworthy:

Harman Kardon Soundsticks: Rs.9000
Circle Arko 100W: Rs.7000 (really amazing deal on flipkart at that time)
Audioengine A2: Rs.10000

My friends are recommending the Logitech Z623 and I don't know what to say.

What did you get finally?

Top Bottom