Status
Not open for further replies.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
I think u meant kernel source. Usually Kernel source is located on /usr/src/kernels/<kernel version>.

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
The problem is that i have downloaded the the graphics driver for my VIA K8M800 and in it's instruction i was asked to go to the kernel folder so now how can i install it. I am new to linux please help me out

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I had downloaded the drivers for my AMD 64 to enable Cool 'n' Quiet too. It has two files one having a dot(.)c and another having dot(.)h extension. How can i install it

Satissh S

Youngling
Do you have a working net connection in your suse box, if so you can use Yast Online Update (YOU) to download the kernel source or more so you can even d/l the via drivers from YOU itself. Kernel source will be placed in /usr/src
To use online update just open yast alt+f2 --> yast and click online update. Click a mirror nearest to your location (eg: korean university) and enable manually select packages to be installed In the next dialog select installable and installed packages from drop down combo box and select via drivers or if you´re so inclined to install the drivers yourself you can select kernel-source package.
How ever if you don have a working net connection and only have one in other OS. Go to Here
Select your version, architecture and downĺoad it to winblows burn it in a cd. Copy it to /usr/src I think you have to setup kernel-path to or sumthing to this source, of which i not sure, sum1 plz explain. Hope this helped ! good luck! :)

Satissh S

Youngling
@ Nishant : .C extn., Should be a C source file . select run and type konsole to open konsole. Goto that folder. type gcc <yourfilename>.C Now in next line type ./a.out . Hope this helped. :)

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
OK uninstalled SuSE and installed fedora core 4 but got the same problem. how can i install kernel sorce code and gcc. Please help

praka123

left this forum longback
:D Download kernel .src.rpm from fedora pub install it.for MORE on source rpms
try here
think gcc is already with FC :shock:

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
@prakash: gcc wont be installed unless you select development tools package while installation.

@nishanth_nms: if you have the installation cd with you it is very easy to install kernel source and gcc. just install the packages kernel-devel-* and gcc-* packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom