SupraAural Headphones

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hello
I need Supra Aural Ear phones. I have tinnitus and the Doc. warned me against IEMs and the closed type (i.e CircumAural) headphones as they put excessive pressure to the ear drums. Yes the Supra Aural type headphones cause damage too but it is comparatively less than the damage caused by IEMs and CircumAural.

Please correct me if Im wrong but the SupraAural ones are the ones which sit ON the ear right? And not completely cover it?
My budget is 1.5K
Quality is not a concern, I just need em to watch Video Lectures in my institute and the ones I download from Khan Academy!
Thanks! :)

Sarath

iDota
If you have tinnitus then you should stop using HP or IEMs for a while. Your ears need rest and you are only going to worsen them if you subject them to more trauma.

Coming to your query, I would suggest you go with open back HPs. However I do not know of many HPs selling at 1.5k. Wait for others to hop in.

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Well actually I have been resting them for 2 months now. :p
I dont remember when was the last time I listened to a song! :(
Ive been using my IEMs as earplugs now!
Anyways my tinnitus was caused due to TMJ not hearing loss cuz I always kept the volume levels below the 70% mark.
Im forced to wear those for the lectures because my PC has been shifted to my bedroom cuz when it was in my other room, where I have my study table too I got distracted and it is in a very cramped space now so I cant shift my 5.1 Speakers!
Well Okay. Ill wait!
Thanks anyways! :)

Top Bottom