Super Meat Boy

lingo

Broken In
*i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad125/gaju123/SuperMeatBoy.png

Game Info :
---------------
Super Meat Boy is a tough as nails platformer where you play as an animated cube of meat who's trying to save his girlfriend (who happens to be made of bandages) from an evil fetus in a jar wearing a tux.

Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves and pools of old needles.
Sacrificing his own well being to save his damsel in distress.
Super Meat Boy brings the old school difficulty of classic NES titles like Mega Man 2, Ghost and Goblins and Super Mario Bros 2 (The Japanese one) and stream lines them down to the essential no BS straight forward twitch reflex platforming.

Ramping up in difficulty from hard to soul crushing SMB will drag Meat boy though haunted hospitals, salt factories and even hell itself.
And if 300+ single player levels weren't enough SMB also throws in epic boss fights, a level editor and tons of unlock able secrets, warp zones and hidden characters.

Features :
----------------
# Story mode, featuring over 300 levels spanning 5+ chapters
# Play as a Head Crab! (Steam Exclusive)
# 33 legitimate Achievements
# Warp zones that will warp you into other games
# Over 16 unlockable able and playable characters from popular indie titles such as Minecraft, Bit.Trip, VVVVVV and Machinarium
# Epic Boss fights
# Full Level Editor and Level Portal (January 2011)
# A story so moving you will cry yourself to sleep for the rest of your life!!!

Minimum System Requirements :
----------------------------------------------------------

Processor: 1.2GHz processor
Memory: 256 MB RAM
Graphics: Graphics Card that supports Pixel Shader 2.0 and Vertex Shader 2.0(Vertex Shader Support can be supported with software emulation)
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 300 MB
Controller Support: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller or Direct Input compatible controller

Recommended System Requirements :
----------------------------------------------------------

Processor: 1.4GHz or faster
Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics: Graphics Card made within the last 4 years (Pixel Shader 3.0, Vertex Shader 3.0)
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 300 MB
Controller Support: Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller or Direct Input compatible controller

Lets start the discussion folks :p

Trailer video:

[youtube]snaionoxjos[/youtube]

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks really good and reviews also going in favour. Just waiting for it to also get released for Mac and then I'll buy it on Steam.

D

Deleted member 26636

saw the video review on IGN. no wonder it got 9..the gameplay looks amazing..its actually quite similar to jumper, a really old game.anyway, will start playing today.

OP
lingo

lingo

Broken In
Boy Oh Boy.. This is some serious stuff.Just played 10 levels and already mind is blown into tiny li'l pieces. The controls are tight and presentation is damn humorous.

Stop playing other games fellas.. Pick this one up. NOW.

ok, this game was the 1st 2D game i played this year. The game is good but i just suck at 2D games. Stuck at the 1st boss fight.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
You will die uncountable times. Infact, My death count was 2200 something when i completed the game.
Only the Light World or the Dark World too??

When you complete a Light World level with A+, an alternate Dark World level is unlocked which is more harder.

ok, this game was the 1st 2D game i played this year. The game is good but i just suck at 2D games. Stuck at the 1st boss fight.
Don't play with a keyboard.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
btw, this game isn't very light.

It gives my Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 + Intel GMA 950 a tough time.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The best thing about this game is that you are in total control of yourself.

I've now finished two chapters without any deaths.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Isn't this being released for the PSN?
Nope because Sony behaved like arseholes. They didn't express any interest in the game when Team Meat submitted to them whereas Microsoft was overly enthusiastic. And the whole development is only handled by two guys.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Nope because Sony behaved like arseholes. They didn't express any interest in the game when Team Meat submitted to them whereas Microsoft was overly enthusiastic. And the whole development is only handled by two guys.

Thats not true. All sony did was to respond a bit late. Real douche bags might be MS and Nintendo. Both MS( overwhelmingly enthusiastic to take PSN out of the equation) and Nintendo contracts elusively stated not to release the game on PSN. And it was too late when Sony answered.

" It's not that hard to understand, assuming you understand all the words in the following sentence: "Our contracts excluded any release on Ps3" " Thats why the question of PSN availability in FAQs section says "Never"

So, sony responded a bit late... MS and Nintendo took the chances of PSN users playing SMB by that time. And SMB team claimed that "Sony didn't had interest in our games"(without stating that the unavailability was because of the contract with MS and Nintendo)....and you are calling Sony a Arsehole bag. Next time, do your home work before calling one a arsehole :p

But games like Braid chose something different. They didn't accepted the exclusivity deal with MS coz, they want their game on other platforms too. And, They never released the game on Wiiware coz of its lamest size limitation(49 MB)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had already done my homework before I said wrote that. Sony didn't show any interest that's why the game isn't there for PSN. They didn't respond a 'bit' late. They responded 'too late.' These are independent developers and it requires much more time and effort to port a game to a different platform. So, if Microsoft offered something to them for exclusivity, they must have taken it.

And I haven't talked about Wiiware. Everyone knows about it's size limit.

" It's not that hard to understand, assuming you understand all the words in the following sentence: "Our contracts excluded any release on Ps3" " Thats why the question of PSN availability in FAQs section says "Never"
You quoted this from here: No Super Meat Boy on PS3, and you can blame Sony- Destructoid

The same place from where I quoted Sony didn't show any interest and behaved like 'arseholes.'

Team Meat said:
We can't EVER do a PS3 version of Super Meat Boy because when we were going into negotiations with publishers, Sony was the only one that didn't express much interest in the game. We assumed this meant they didn't want the game, and [we] decided to sign with Nintendo and Microsoft.
Fair enough.

(without stating that the unavailability was because of the contract with MS and Nintendo).
When they were in negotiations, they didn't have any contract signed with Microsoft or Nintendo. 'negotiation'

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
You quoted this from here: No Super Meat Boy on PS3, and you can blame Sony- Destructoid

I think, i read it at some difference place. I don't remember the exact address, but i think on official SMB website. But definitely not from destructoid.

And yea.. they are individual developers, microsoft provided "Something" to them, in exclusivity deal. Sony responded when the situation is out of hands. I'm not blaming SMB team here, but strategies of MS. But SMB could have thought about PSN gamers when making exclusivity deal.

That said, game is long gone now... why bragging about it now :razz:

Top Bottom