Super Meat Boy

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Is the Linux port good?

Bugs and all?

Well there were two glitches in Ch 4 - Hell where one of the laser sentries dissappeared in two of the levels (lol that made those levels easier). Not sure it's OS centric or generic bug.
Apart from it it is perfect with the NVIDIA proprietary drivers. YMMV with the drivers/graphics card stack.

Another bug is that the graphics settings are not saved. Though I play with the default Window mode and resolution anyway.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Any one could get the recent Steam Gift pile achievement of this game. Entire Xmas level in one play session.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Sigh the game consistently crashes with a "Segmentation Fault" on Arch 64 in the Boss Level of "The End" when..

Dr. Fetus "suit" is broken and he presses the button in the remote control.

Have done that thrice and it crashes :| Hopefully an update fixes it ASAP. Reported it in Twitter to @SuperMeatBoy anyway.

Krow

Crowman
I am at the level 3 boss. Brownie. Game has a good learning curve. Levels get easier as you keep trying. Much better than bit trip runner where the more you try, the more frustrated you get.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
I am at the level 3 boss. Brownie. Game has a good learning curve. Levels get easier as you keep trying. Much better than bit trip runner where the more you try, the more frustrated you get.

Patience makes this game easy.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member

Disagreeeeeeeee.

Krow

Crowman
Well, this game does have a few annoying bugs. Like I fell through the floor and died a couple of times. But other times I zipped through enemies too. :p Mostly the game is very well-made. Those who quit this game in between, learn patience. :)

I finished the Brownie boss level. There is another bug here. In my case Brownie used to run very slowly at the start and pick up only after reaching the top salt hurdles. By then it was too late and he never reached the end. Even when I cleared the level, technically Brownie should have died in the salt factory. :lol:

PS: Can anyone open Team Meat (Super Meat Boy!) - Blog ? I get an Apache HTTP Test Page 2 page everytime I try.

Lol I played with the keyboard.

Thumbs before fingers. Live it. :cool:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Got this game working again. I am pretty sure my keyboard will be destroyed even before I complete half the game.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yeah, there are warp zones. Some random warp zones whereas some are used to unlock characters. eg, Commander Video in the above screenshot.

Top Bottom