Sulekha selling Galaxy R @ Rs. 18989. Go for it?

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
Here's the link

On clicking 'buy', a popup appears that promises to give a Rs. 1500 off coupon for 'first time users' . So is this the real deal?
Otherwise was thinking of the LG O2X, but can't find it at ~19k.

EDIT!: omg omg I ordered it! :O

s_holmes

Broken In
Even I am thinking about ordering this. But I am not really sure about the reliability of Sulekha. AFAIK they have only recently started selling mobile phones.

Has anyone ordered a mobile phone from this site already? Any feedback?

OP
S

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
Oh man, don't tell me stuff like that :(
On top of everything, this is my first ever online purchase! Ah well... will post back if/when I receive it.
When I called them, they said they'll use either BlueDart or FirstFlight courier services.

ece2k2

Broken In
Hi,

Good choice.

I too purchased the phone from Sulekha last week for Rs.18989 - got the phone in under 72 hours from placing the order. They used First Flight couriers.

The wrapper of the shipment said "Indiaplaza" and the invoice has the seller's name as "Cart2india" (who is the same person listing in ebay I guess - Special Offer - Samsung Galaxy R I9103 - BLACK | eBay). So, Sulekha is just sourcing the phone from Indiaplaza, who is in turn sourcing it from Cart2India.

But it is the best deal after all IMHO. The service is too good compared to Letsbuy - who was sitting on my order for more than a week without even knowing the estimated shipping date for the same phone.

Thanks!

OP
S

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
^ I read your review before I bought it, man. It was helpful.
Is your locally purchased scratch guard decent? Affecting visibility etc? Any decent ones that you know of that may be purchased online?

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
^ I read your review before I bought it, man. It was helpful.
Is your locally purchased scratch guard decent? Affecting visibility etc? Any decent ones that you know of that may be purchased online?

yea... its decent... not affecting visibility at all... but looks scratchy while screen turns off from some particular angle.

search ebay... i hope it may be found thr...

ece2k2

Broken In
Just to let you know, I bought the capdase case plus screenguard for Rs.499 at ebay - Capdase Soft Cover / Case Samsung Galaxy R GT I9103 - Black FREE ScreenGuard | eBay

I am yet to receive the item, but capdase case seems to be a decent one according to the reviews.

OP
S

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
^ Thanks for the info. Will consider it later.

Status on site says 'Shipped'. Got courier tracking code. Apparently it's coming from Bangalore via FirstFlight. Hope it reaches here safe & sound.

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Here's the link

On clicking 'buy', a popup appears that promises to give a Rs. 1500 off coupon for 'first time users' . So is this the real deal?
Otherwise was thinking of the LG O2X, but can't find it at ~19k.

EDIT!: omg omg I ordered it! :O
Its avlbl fr 19528 now! 1k cashback only!! :(

No EMI as well!

OP
S

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
Its avlbl fr 19528 now! 1k cashback only!!

No EMI as well!

The day after I ordered it, the price rose to aroun 19.1k. Looks like it increased again. Still, don't think there's a better offer for the phone elsewhere.
Rest of the questions are about Sulekha's reliability. We'll see.

ajaymailed

In the zone
i sometimes don't understand why there is always a big gap between online prices and street prices.
Whenever i ask the retailers outside, they say that mobiles purchased online will not have company warranty and service centers of the company are not going to service the device as its IMEI number will not be recognized by them.

if you ask in a branded store, Galaxy R will cost atleast 22500. 10% difference is pretty huge.

What is that the online retailer doing differently to give such a big discount?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
street price = local tax + commission for the various peoples who source it to the store, shopkeeper, etc. moreover if its a showroom then price is even higher.

ajaymailed

In the zone
street price = local tax + commission for the various peoples who source it to the store, shopkeeper, etc. moreover if its a showroom then price is even higher.
ok but will i be getting company warranty? can i get my mobile serviced at companys official service centre or would i have to go elsewhere?.

OP
S

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
^ Manufacturer warranty means the people who made the phone will be responsible for servicing it. So yeah, that implies 'company' warranty.

OP
S

Santa Maria!

Journeyman
GOT IT!

Some false alarms first:

When I checked the FirstFlight courier tracking page yesterday morning, all info seemed to have been deleted. I contacted Sulekha CC and they just told me the same (no info seems to be given). They suggested I contact FF myself cuz if they do it on their end, there would be a long up-the-channel process or something.

FF CC would not pick up the phone, I sent the Noida branch an email, and they replied within 30 minutes saying that the package had already landed in Noida and was out for delivery. (fast!)

When I returned home from work, there it was waiting on my bed. (in the morning i totally did not expect it to be delivered this fast, so didn't call home).

So yeah... ordered on 3rd, shipped on 4th, got it on 6th. Shipping Bangalore to Noida. Very nice.

Packaging was dirty on the outside, but packed nice and safe. Sealed white plastic on the outside, thick cardboard on the inside wrapping the Phone's own box.

Opened it up and lo and behold.. a smexy hawt smartphone.

I felt like a village boy since this was my first touch-phone and first Android. Only played with it a bit (no time! work on saturdays too!) but damn, the thing is sweet. Very responsive. BIG ASS SCREEN (imo).

Will post more blabberings later. Gotta get to work. And gonna buy a screen-protector today.

EDIT
Few quick questions:
I also got a pouch with it. Is the phone supposed to fit so tightly into it? I really have to push it inside. Does it scratch the screen like this?
Also, the earphone's 3.5mm jack... does one have to REALLY push it into the phone to connect? Just plugging it in didn't work, I pushed hard and heard another click... only then did it work. (Sound seems awesome btw),

Last edited:
Top Bottom