Suggestions requested for web/fb clippers, webpages saving & categorising softwares

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hello everyone!

am in need of a *free* software for the purposes stated in the subject. till a short time back, what i used to do was, i used to create various folders, categorywise, like 'news articles', 'PC Tech', 'youtube vids', 'weight training', and what-have-you, and various categories of sub-folders in them, as required, and then save webpages in them as per their respective categories, those, whichever i used to come across while browsing & found worth-saving for future references.

however, with time, i've come to realise the futility of the exercise, as rarely do i take a peek into those folders. i had been doing this thinking that in order to extract any info that i might need at anytime, related to the pages that i have already browsed and saved in history, i would look back into the folders; but i just google them up instead of going into the quagmire of the folders. moreover, these files just start eating precious space over time, and if you wish to move them over to somewhere else, then you are bound to encounter the frustrating 'this file cannot be transferred as the name is too long' error; not that it can't be rectified, but i don't want to keep on continuing with this.

what i want to do is:

1. either save the link of a webpage i might find interesting, for future reference, and if there's the risk of that page dying some months or years later, then, to save the webpage for offline reading, but preferably, on cloud

2. clip interesting posts from facebook-wall, or save text from such a post; also, the same thing from webpages (EDIT: let me try evernote's clipping service).

i came across some solutions, but was not satisfied (for eg, evernote --> no webpage saving; and some others which weren't free).

please suggest on this.

thanks!

P.S. - facility to create *categories* and save content/notes into them is a must! don't want something like 'read-it-later', where i can't do so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom