Suggestions Pls ! FIFA 09 or Pro Evolution Soccer 09 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys for all the info , i think i ll get FIFA 09 and PES 2009 Demo ... after i get used to PES 09 demo hopefully i can shift to PES completely .....

And Yeah i am a Blue too ;)

My fav teams are Chelsea , Lyon , Sevilla & Bayern Munich

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I also have heard about PES being better than FIFA. But I'm FIFA fan through and through. I first played FIFA 96 must say those editions were much better than some editions released in the middle years!!! I have played 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 and now playing 2009!!! :)

The main thing about any sports game is making it look as real as possible, the players, stadiums, referees, commentary and the works. If the environment and the players don't look real and life like then half the fun is gone. Frank Lampard looks very different in PES 09. I would found it really difficult to recognize him if the name was not given to the pic. For example, would you like to score a goal with Rooney are somebody who looks like Rooney? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

In that sense, FIFA 09 is awesome. EA has taken painstaking efforts to make every player look unique. Even the Division 3 players look great on the field when playing. The menu graphics have a sleek look to it. The in game videos are great.

The game play has improved in FIFA 09 although not much, passing has been made difficult and scoring long distance goals are easier now!!! They have changed the whole keyboard layout for the game... that's the one major change!! Although, you can change them back to the traditional settings. :)

But I have read in some reviews that this year FIFA has finally overtaken Konami or at least closed the gap. So this year I must say, this you can try FIFA 09 and you wont be disappointed!!! ;)

The main thing is that FIFA do not spend much stress on FIFA as they do on the other franchise like NHL, NBA and especially Madden. Those games are next to being flawless!!! :)

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ You can't recognize Frank Lampard in PES 2009??? :lol:

*img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00449/Frank_Lampard_449106a.jpg *i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/pes20092008-10-1715-22-31-68.jpg

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
I meant in the pic above. Not this one. I have played both. So, i'm expressing my opinion. If you dont agree then thats your choice. Cause i certainly didnt recognize him.:)

wowitsmrinal

Broken In
if you have been playing fifa for years, you'll just hate pes (and vice versa). i'll suggest FIFA 09 - the console versions obviously smack the competition while the PC one has much better graphix than fifa 08

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
@hell_storm2006: No problem, mate!! I was a FIFA fanboy but now I've crossed the great divide. :D

Ei8t

Journeyman
PES 09 on PC is Next Gen(360 Port) and has 100 times better graphics than Fifa 09 on PC. Its is heavily optimised (runs on Intel GMA X3100 !):cool: . Fifa 09 Graphics are horrible on the PC .EA always release the same FIFA(engine + gameplay) every year with some minor graphical change and updated team roster. I had high hopes from FIFA 09(PC) but was :(......

One feature thing about PES is that when u control a star player(CR7, Messi, Ronaldinho etc) u feel like you are controlling a special player with better dribbling , shooting etc abilities...In Fifa every player feels the same. The running animation of the players in PES needs a hell a lot of improvement.......dey look like drumsticks in Replays:D.

I didnt like PES09 when i played for the 1st time but loved it after playing a few more weeks :)

FIFA 09 on the PS3/X360 is miles ahead(light years) ahead of FIFA PC....Even Fifa 08 on PS3/X360 is better than FIFA PC although it looks a bit ugly (pixelated):rolleyes:

FIFA 09, FTW.

If u have probs deciding, play both na!

Ended up doing just that ... But ll take my own sweet time to get used to PES 2009

Now i have another Question to those who play FIFA 09

FIFA 09 Mods

Which one of the mods is best for FIFA 09 in terms of
->Ease of installation
->Bugs removed/introduced
->significant Changes introduced [Gameplay,player skins,Crowd chants,New stadium etc etc]
optional
->If possible should not prohibit online play

if you have installed any mods and you like it pls let me know

Here are a few i came across ....Have nt used them yet , so would like some feedback on them

1. *www.sweetpatch.tv/index.cfm?articleid=2974

2. *www.soccergaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156227

3. *www.fifa4fans.de/news/shownews_e.php?shownews=395

4. *forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-09-pc/349627-must-have-patches-mods-fifa-09-a.html

NOTE : i would prefer patches that are big packages and easy to install ..... Stressing on stability , dont want crashes to ruin my current installation

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Search filefront.com. They have a large database of FIFA patches. I usually get my patches from them. Although I haven't installed any patch for FIFA 09, so cant really give you any info.

As far as i know there is just one official FIFA patch and it does nt really add much in terms of gameplay or visuals .....

i was actually refering to unofficial patches .... community devoloped mods

New stadiums , more accurate player faces , cut scenes [like national anthems and stuff] ..... you can even change the intro video

look at the links i have provided for more info

The official FIFA patches really have nothing in them .....

some mods may end u corrupting some of the game files ... so wanted some feedbacks from people who have used it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom