Suggestions Pls ! FIFA 09 or Pro Evolution Soccer 09 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Like the title suggests i would like suggestions as to whether i should go in for Fifa 09 or Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 .... Preferably from somebody who has played it both .... I am a regular as far as the Fifa series is concerned and have been playing Fifa 08 untill recently ,waiting for the 09 prices to come down ....... I have heard from some ,that some of the Pro-Evolution versions were better than that of Fifa .... So i would like some suggestions on 09 versions of both .

Also can a Fifa player migrate to Pro-Evolution without much of a problem ? .....
And It would be really nice if somebody could review pro Evolution 2009

PS : I have already checked IGN/gamespot user ratings/reviews . I would like some user reviews/suggestions

ajai5777

Youngling
If u r a fifa fan the migration should be difficult becoz the gameplay is entirely diffnt in PES
i hav played fifa08 and pes08 also fifa09 but not pes09.I didnt like the gameplay of pes08 comparing fifa08.
The main difference is that in fifa is the player is in ur complete control no much auto moves.But in Pes ther is lot of automoves

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Go for PES 2009. FIFA 09 on the PC plain sucks.

Search the forums, there were a couple of review threads on both.

Are all Teams/leagues featured in PES ??

I heard that EA has exclusive rights to the names of certain leagues/teams and so some of them are not featured in PES ??

Please clarify ?

Also pls answer the following too

1. How many of you use a gamepads for playing football ? .... Fifa 08 did not properly detect my zebronics gamepad:( [Right yoke stick was nt detected] so i was forced to play without some of the moves ... I found it too difficult to play it with keyboard , but just curious to know if its possible to effectively play with the keyboard .

2. What about the music in Fifa 09 ? ..... Some of the 08 tracks were really good , i especially loved Fa Fa Fa [Datarock ?] ...... I hope its as good in Fifa 09

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Depends on what you mean by 'all teams'. PES has the English Premier League, La Liga, Italian Serie A and some other leagues as well. Several national teams are present, although some teams don't feature accurate representations of players. The team strips are not like the real ones because of licensing issues, but that can be easily corrected through patches.

If you're looking for gameplay, PES 2009 is the way forward. Maybe FIFA 09 will offer you more teams, stadiums etc but in the end a game is meant to be enjoyed by playing, not just by watching the 'splendid' visuals.

Check out my little review for some screenshots. Don't miss the football that is as big as a basketball!! :D

Hell , that one was really a comprehensive review ! .... answered most of my questions regarding FIFA ..... Really good Review

What about the in-game music in both FIFA 09 and PES 09 ?

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Thanks! :D

As for the music, FIFA 09 has loads of tracks but liking them depends on the listener's taste. PES 2009 also has a nice playlist, although for some reason you'll feel as if you're hearing the same 4-5 songs again and again.

Another plus point for PES is the authentic licensed Champions League. It's bloody brilliant!!

Also take a look at these threads:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99879

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99459

Forgot something !
And what about the commentary ... Does Andy Gray [and Clive] come in the PES ?? if not who else are the commentators

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I must say, the commentary in PES is not one of its strong points. The commentators are Mark Lawrenson and Jon Champion. Not too bad, but definitely not top-notch.

PES09 is a great game. There are tons of patches available to change unlicensed names, kits, etc. (I'm using j0k3r's patch now, from GamingAccess)

Graphically, many have told me that PES is pretty neck-to-neck with FIFA09(Since I havent played FIFA09)

Gameplay is something which is far better in PES than in FIFA08 (cant say about FIFA09 as I dont have it)

You have a Become A Legend Mode, where (after importing your face into the game using a scanned picture, camera, etc) you start small as a 17 year old teen, playing in a scout match and work your way up (with transfers,negotiations et all :wink: ) to making to your favourite team.

Then there is the Champions League Mode, where (of course) you can play any team (with all the chanting, the "Champions" anthem and all the frills) of your choice.

Replays are far better manipulated in PES than in FIFA08 (again, cant say about FIFA09)

And lastly, commentary is good, but you will find it repetitive after about a week or so. (then again, it does get repetitive on FIFA too :rolleyes: )

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Here:

*rapidshare.com/files/164566390/PEP2009ver1_7a.zip

OR

*www.sendspace.com/file/quaxhr

The thread is here:

*forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50661

You'll need to register, though.

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Hey Gamingaccess Community Patch 2.5 is also good.
Almost hav everything.
All teams,
Faces,
Stadiums.

Here is d link

*downloads.gamingaccess.com/index.php?file_id=36051

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Oh, and here's a little something for graphics comparison between FIFA 09 and PES 2009:

Frank Lampard in FIFA 09

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/th_FIFA092008-10-1200-42-26-71.jpg

Frank Lampard in PES 2009

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/th_pes20092008-11-0420-41-33-29.jpg

And just take a look at the size of the football:

'Football' in FIFA 09

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/th_FIFA092008-10-1022-49-25-06.jpg

'Football' in PES 2009

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/th_pes20092008-11-0115-08-14-68.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ ^ ^ No, the ball really IS bigger than normal in FIFA!!

Check out the official forum for the PC version. People are tearing out their hair over this game. :lol: :D

Heres' another one:

*i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo67/klaw247/th_FIFA092008-10-1201-03-14-21.jpg

Here's the proof:

· Ball Size: The ball size was not changed this year at all. It's a trade-off between how it looks in the NIS's and how it looks from the main gameplay camera. The ball is the size it is based previous usability feedback from the gameplay camera. I can tell that this is an important issue for you guys – we'll look into possibly handling both situations through different sizes for different cameras, but that will have to wait for next year due to the potential knock-on effects of a change like that.

*ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/41543/EA-Clarifies-FIFA-09-PC-Comments

:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom