Suggestions Needed... NEW RIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
hiii.well one of my cousin is buying a new comp and his budget is around 50-55k excluding monitor as he has a 17'' monitor.he just want a intel rig for music,movies,GAMING,surfing etc etc.i hav really tryed all the weapons to convince him to go for a AMD platform but he just want intel nothing else so plz guyz temme da best he can get for 50-55k MAX including a good GRAPHIC CARD.if u can then do temme a good AMD config as well,if by any chance i will b able to convince him sooo i can tell him the config.
thanx in advance.

G

gxsaurav

hmm, search before u post, this had already been asked many times

for Intel, I would suggest for 50K

Pentium 4 630 3 Hz, with EIST
Intel 915GAV motherboard
2X512 MB DDR400 RAM, look for a reputed brand like kingston or kingmax
XFX Geforce 6600GT with 256 MB RAM = 14K
Logitech X-230 speakers, if he wanst 2.1 channel, for 5.1 channel, U better take a look in the market for the available models, & then tell here
Logotech Internet Pro desktop, Wireless, or wired, which ever he preferes
cabinet of his choice, a powersafe or VIP 400W power supply atleast, or Colorsit M400U, they are cheap & really strong,
Lite-On DVD writer

OP
Aniruddh

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@gxsaurav pal i kno and i tryed findin out post for this kinda query but cant find any so hav to post a new one.

OP
Aniruddh

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
by the way thanx a lot gxsaurav but wats wrong wid others frenz i need more suggestions more options plzzz.

OP
Aniruddh

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
thanx to all who suggest and belive AMD is betta then intel :) .i asked my cousin to check all the post related to AMD :lol: & INTEL :evil: and now he wants a AMD rig finally,earlier he juz wanted intel nothing else.his budget is 55k excluding monitor as he already hav a 17''CRT,so now plz suggest me a gud config with gud graphic card.basically dis system is juz for gaming and a bit of music.

this is wat i think is gud for him:-
1-AMD64 3200+ (939)-9k
2-ASUS A8N-E-6k
3-1GB KINGSTON 400MHz RAM-5.6k
4-6800GT CARD-19k
5-80GB HITACHI SATA2 HDD-3k
6-SONY DVD-ROM,CD-RW-2.6k
7-Numeric 600VA UPS-2k
8-Logitech MM KB & optical mouse-1k

:arrow: so wat u guyz think bout the above config?if der cud b sumthin betta den plz temme.

:arrow: also temme bout the speakers and smps.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Some suggestions:
Get any processor above 3000+ with venice core processor for overclockablity. They may cost a bit more.
Get two 512MB ram modules. I think there's a value pack from kingston. This is for dual channel memory.
Get more disk space. 160GB will be minimum since he is into gaming and music. Trust me, even 320GB won't be enough with a powerful pc.
And since he into gaming, get a laser mouse. They are so cheap and feel great too. And make sure you buy a keyboard with palm rest. It's good for extended gaming sessions.

And I think you might be needing a good smps and/or an appropriate cabinet.
With not much money left, you may want to invest in an altec lansing 2.1 speaker set.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
1-AMD64 3200+ (939)-9k
2-ASUS A8N-E-6k
4-6800GT CARD-19k
7-Numeric 600VA UPS-2k

Some suggestions !

Get 3000+ Ocing the 3000+ plus with a good Mobo like a8n-e to 3200+ or even 3500+ is fairly easy. Avoid Kingston like plague, it doesn't overlock at all. Get Twinmos or ram based on Hynix d43 chip.

The 6800GT is around 20k which imho is totally not worth the price. Get the BIG 7800GT much faster and better, priced around 3-4k(the 3000+ will save you 2.5k) over the 6800gt. For games, the installation size is bloating to alarming levels. My hl2 steam install is currently around 7GB ! So a bigger hdd is needed, besides a 160GB hdd should cost 1k more. All this would bloat your budget by a some margin but it would be for the better. :)

divyadbzgt1

Broken In
Yeah get the 3000+ venice, with A8N-E you can overclock very well, my 3000+ A8N-E did 2.475 GHz from 1.8Ghz with 1.4125vcore and on stock cooling, this is the speed of AMD 63 3800+. and ya if your friend can push the budget a little more try to go for 7800GT, this is the best VFM card available in the market.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
@Aniruddh
if u dont wanna onverclock then the rig is quite decent but all the prices are expensive buddy. U can save around 500-600/- more if u try bargaining. and ya ,

:arrow: which company's 6800gt are u going for ?? they are hardly available these days.

:arrow: Go for a 120/160 GB SATA 2 hdd.

:arrow: Get an Antec PSU. Dont risk such expensive stuff with some cheap PSU.

:arrow: Decide on Speakers. I suggest a 5.1 setup such as the AL-VS3151R , as i bet r frnd will watch movies too.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Aniruddh said:
this is wat i think is gud for him:-
1-AMD64 3200+ (939)-9k
2-ASUS A8N-E-6k
4-6800GT CARD-19k
7-Numeric 600VA UPS-2k

:Arrow: so wat u guyz think bout the above config?if der cud b sumthin betta den plz temme.
Good rig mate .. but i would suggest few changes n suggestions

:arrow: Go for a higher HD .. 320Gb ..
you should put them in Raid .. So take 160*2 ..

:arrow: Processor: Can take 3500+ or 3000+ with venice core

:arrow: MB is good,

also temme bout the speakers and
Speakers.. Creative Megaworks 550 (5.10) atleast
or The one from AltecLansing ..

:arrow: Take 450 Watts, depends upon the budget that can you go for high end like Antec

OP
Aniruddh

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
1st of all thanx a lot to everyone i m glad to c so many replys but the problem is my cousin hav the budget of 55k and i dun think for dat much amount i'll b able to put 5.1megaworks,160gb*2 in raid,3500+,7800gt etc etc..

:arrow: where i can get twinmos 1GB 400Mhz ram?and how much it will cost me?is it betta then kingston,transcend or equal to them?

:arrow: for which brand smps i shud opt?homw much watt will b suffient for this rig?how much it will cost me?

:arrow:for speakers i dont think i can go for more then 4k u plz suggest me a dcent speakers for this much amount.

@mohit how much 5.1 AL-VS3151R is gonna cost me?

OP
Aniruddh

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
i hav asked for 6800gt from almost every dealer for most of the brand but i not getting it :( .so now wat i shud do?shud i go for ATI X800?else plz suggest me any other GPU which can fit into my budget 7800gt/gtx is out of my reach.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Go for Powercolor X800XL .. i heard its price has been revised to around 17k .. i am planning to go for the same as i too could not get any 6800 series card in India from any brand except XFX which is f**k*n expensive.

OP
Aniruddh

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
But i m a bit confused and was juz wondering that will ATI card is gonna work properly with NVidia mobo?i guess its a bit dicey so my 1st option was 6800gt but as now i m not getting it so juz givin a thought on POWERCOLOR X800XL.

:arrow: guyz wat u think bout it?shud i go for a POWERCOLOR X800XL card with ASUS A8NE mobo?

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i think there will not be any probs but i too am looking for some first hand experience from somebody .. i hope there will not be any conflicts between both the devices. and will the x800xl perform to its full potential ?? lets see what others suggest.

OP
Aniruddh

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
its so hard to decide wen it comes to GPU as its not possible to buy such stuff again and again and if sumone is spendin bout 15-18k so everyone wants the best he can.i m really very much confused as i want 2 cards one for myself and other for my cousin budget is around 15-16k and i want to play F.E.A.R in high settings.this game has F*CK*D 6600gt.one of cousin has this card wid 1GB ram but still cant play dis game properly in 800X600 and i dont want that.So plz tell me as well as mohit that which card will b rite 4 us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom