Suggestions needed for 70k system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

panzer

Broken In
hi friendz. need your help with this configuration. budget limit is 70,000...plz advise...thx

- ASUS A8N Sli Premium
- AMD 64 bit 3500+
- Transcend 1 GB 400Mhz RAM
- Seagate 120GB SATA
- XFX Ge force 6600GT 256 MB
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX 1 (External)
- Creative 7.1 Inspire 7790
- Samsing 17'' Dyna Flat.
- Sony DVD Writer (DRU - 810 A)
- APC 1000V...
--Cabinet...help!!
Is this OK?? Any suggestions plz. I would like to have fair deal for 70K... Thx

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
its gud but u can get betta thins.like u can go for sata2 as now its available and ur mobo do support it then why sata u can go for hitachi sata2 and de price is almost the same.instead of sli u go for Asus A8NE mobo wid 6800gt/Ultra.i dun think APC1000VA is needed go for APC800VA and dun forget to go for smps u can go for either of these antec(recommended) or coolermaster 400w minimum.u can hav a look at antec lansing and logitech speakers they r really gud.

OP
P

panzer

Broken In
>>thx 4 da hard drive suuggestn. but what is wrong with creative inspire 7900... and wats the price of altec lasing. i'm looking for good speakers with surround . and is the sound card good enough??

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
i m not sayin dat creative is bad or sumthin.for how much u r gettin dat creative speakers?

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
then u hav betta options from altec lansing and logitech.if u can spend 12k for speakers then u can get logitech Z5300 subwoofer 100w rms,center 39w rms,satellites 36w rms.i m sure others wil tellu more bout the speakers specially altec lansing.

OP
P

panzer

Broken In
thx 4 the options. .will think 'bout thx. is da sound card good enough or internal would be better??

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
well onboard sound is gud but as i dun hav much idea bout sound card so cant tellu how gud ur card is.but if u go for a SLI mobo den go for MSI K8N Diamond dis is the best Nforce4 SLI mobo.it has Creative sound Blaster Live 24-bit onboard audio so dun hav to go for a external card.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Just one suggestion , go for benq dw 1640 instead of sony dru 810a cos the sony model is a rebaged benq 1640 :lol:

Why r u going for sony when the original is available .. 8)

I am using one and its a great dvd writer .. trust me ..

Infact most people on net are saying that it is one of the best dvd writers of all time .. :D

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Just one suggestion , go for benq dw 1640 instead of sony dru 810a cos the sony model is a rebaged benq 1640 :lol:

Why r u going for sony when the original is available .. 8)

I am using one and its a great dvd writer .. trust me ..

Infact most people on net are saying that it is one of the best dvd writers of all time .. :D

Ringwraith

Journeyman
listen to anirudh...he's got some nice suggestions...btw i recently got my system frm hyd.... in case u need some help u are welcome

AlienTech

In the zone
Get bigger HD's like min 160 or 200GB's. DONT GET SEAGATE!!!!!! They make weird noises. And I have used 100's of HD's and this sound makes me fall off the chair and miss a few heart beats every time I hear it.

Get 2 GB of ram. You can always use extra ram for disk cache if the programs dont use it. Gives huge increase in performance.

Why SLI? unless you think you are going for 2 GFX cards. 750VA UPS is more than enough even 600VA will work just fine for single computer/monitor/modem.

Get the best SMPS supply you can, it is the most important component for stability.

Kniwor

Learner
Just one question, do u plan to upgrade ur ram sometime later?
Are u getting one single stick of 1Gb?

If u plan on upgrading sometime soon it's fine, otherwise i would suggest get 2x512Mb, u will that will be better performer, there is a lot of difference in single and dual channel.

just let me know.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Yes, I agree, do not go for SLI motherboard unless you have two graphics cards. The best non-SLI board is Asus A8N-E in terms of price and performance and overclocking options. 8) Go buy this unless you are bent on SLI and want to add another graphics card, maybe not at present but a few months later. 8)

rohanbee

Padawan
well if the price difference is not too much a sli board would be worth it even if you are not planning another graphics card in the near future........but one never knows............if you have the facility you just might be tempted....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom