Suggestions needed for 1080p Gaming PC- budget 50,000 Rs

1manshow

Journeyman
750W + for a Single GFX Config? Are you kidding me?

620W is more than Sufficient. GTX670 is not a HD6990 even then 620W is enough.

I suggested 620W only in first place. I think you overlooked that part. With everything overclocked, I don't think there would be much headroom left if he upgrades more components in future! That's why 750+ W was suggested. Also do note that PSU and cabinet are two components which can last longer than anything else. Anyway, if OP is content and not planning to upgrade in future, he can opt for 620W.

@OP, I think 5-6 fans are just overkill and might ruin the airflow due to extra turbulence. So be careful in selecting which slots to install fan into.
Which is the Best Place to Install a Case Fan? - Part 1 | Hardware Secrets
Which is the Best Place to Install a Case Fan? - Part 2 | Hardware Secrets

Last edited:

N@m@n

Journeyman
Well I'll never do CF/SLI so there will only be 1 gfx card in my rig! So I see no point in getting anything above SeaSonic 620, granted I will OC both the CPU & GPU on ASRock Z77 Pro4 mobo & will install total 5 case fans in the NZXT Gamma

BTW what makes you say OC'ing GTX 670 is not easy?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2 GB Review | techPowerUp
read the prons OC MORE complicated :-(

I suggested 620W only in first place. I think you overlooked that part. With everything overclocked, I don't think there would be much headroom left if he upgrades more components in future! That's why 750+ W was suggested. Also do note that PSU and cabinet are two components which can last longer than anything else.

@OP, I think 6 fans are just overkill and might ruin the airflow due to extra turbulence. Also if you consider to get 6 fans + cabinet, it would be better if you go for a better cabinet with pre-installed fans in first place. Which cabinet have you decided till now?

+1 Six fans is required if rig will blast without them. :p

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
I suggested 620W only in first place. I think you overlooked that part. With everything overclocked, I don't think there would be much headroom left if he upgrades more components in future! That's why 750+ W was suggested. Also do note that PSU and cabinet are two components which can last longer than anything else. Anyway, if OP is content and not planning to upgrade in future, he can opt for 620W.

@OP, I think 5-6 fans are just overkill and might ruin the airflow due to extra turbulence. So be careful in selecting which slots to install fan into.
Which is the Best Place to Install a Case Fan? - Part 1 | Hardware Secrets
Which is the Best Place to Install a Case Fan? - Part 2 | Hardware Secrets
The cabinet I've chosen is the NZXT Gamma Black- NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

The Gamma has a max total of 6 case fans support (1 already included). The total number of fans (including the 1 x 140mm fan already provided) inside the case will be 6 in total once I install all of them. So basically I will install the extra 5 case fans.

The place in WB where I live is a very very hot industrial area & heat is absolutely scorching high in summer time! Even till 9 pm night time there's residue heat in the room from daytime so high fresh air-flow is a must for me + the Gamma has dust filters as well.

N@m@n

Journeyman
The cabinet I've chosen is the NZXT Gamma Black- NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

The Gamma has a max total of 6 case fans support (1 already included). The total number of fans (including the 1 x 140mm fan already provided) inside the case will be 6 in total once I install all of them. So basically I will install the extra 5 case fans.

The place in WB where I live is a very very hot industrial area & heat is absolutely scorching high in summer time! Even till 9 pm night time there's residue heat in the room from daytime so high fresh air-flow is a must for me + the Gamma has dust filters as well.

While installing the fans you should be know from where you want air to go in and out of the case, along with that you shald have good cable management so that they dont block airflow.

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
While installing the fans you should be know from where you want air to go in and out of the case, along with that you shald have good cable management so that they dont block airflow.
Oh yes, absolutely...that's common sense & I know how to do all that but thanks for the input! More input is always welcome :-D

1manshow

Journeyman
Okay. Got your situation. Though I use the exact same case in my rig so you can count on my opinion.

Gamma is great as expected. Very good wire management and ample space to install all your components. The case fan included is 120 mm (not 140), though is not very high cfm. So you will need to buy a nice high CFM fan for rear exhaust and move included fan to front/side as intake fan. On top slots, you can install 2 x 140mm or 2 x 120mm fan as exhaust. And on side, you can install only 1 x 120mm fan esp. if you have installed some aftermarket cooler. If stock CPU cooler is installed, you can install 2 side fans as usual.

So in total, you will need -

2 x 140mm for top
1 x 120mm for rear
1 x 120mm for side
1 more if no aftermarket CPU cooler is installed.

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
Okay. Got your situation. Though I use the exact same case in my rig so you can count on my opinion.

Gamma is great as expected. Very good wire management and ample space to install all your components. The case fan included is 120 mm (not 140), though is not very high cfm. So you will need to buy a nice high CFM fan for rear exhaust and move included fan to front/side as intake fan. On top slots, you can install 2 x 140mm or 2 x 120mm fan as exhaust. And on side, you can install only 1 x 120mm fan esp. if you have installed some aftermarket cooler. If stock CPU cooler is installed, you can install 2 side fans as usual.

So in total, you will need -

2 x 140mm for top
1 x 120mm for rear
1 x 120mm for side
1 more if no aftermarket CPU cooler is installed.
Ok thanks I already knew all that from the video review below-
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCTK_7miEoE

Are you absolutely sure that If I install the CM Hyper 212 Evo aftermarket cooler, then I'll be unable to install 2 x 120mm fan on that side space? Only 1 fan on the side with aftermarket cooler installed you say? :(

Last edited:

1manshow

Journeyman
^^ Yes, it seems so. Though there is a gap where you can cramp a side fan in the upper side slot, but then fan blades might or might not touch the EVO fins. You can try though, I've not installed any side fan for my case as I don't need it.
*i.imgur.com/NGM9t.jpg

I've one idea, you can install fan from outside of the case if it's utterly necessary to install it. That could work fine too. You will need to install using long screws provided with fan.

Last edited:
OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
^^ Yes, it seems so. Though there is a gap where you can cramp a side fan in the upper side slot, but then fan blades might or might not touch the EVO fins. You can try though, I've not installed any side fan for my case as I don't need it.
*i.imgur.com/NGM9t.jpg

What aftermarket cooler is that in the pic that you are using? Do you know it's dimensions?

For Single GFX config with everything overclocked Still 620W is enough.
Ok thanks again :-D

1manshow

Journeyman

What aftermarket cooler is that in the pic that you are using? Do you know it's dimensions?

Everything is explained in my signature already. Though I will rewrite it here.

It's Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 with 2 CM Xtraflow fans installed in push/pull config. I've removed the default fan from CM and installed it as rear exhaust ;)

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
Everything is explained in my signature already. Though I will rewrite it here.

It's Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212 with 2 CM Xtraflow fans installed in push/pull config. I've removed the default fan from CM and installed it as rear exhaust ;)
Thanks for that, didn't know about this particular issue although I believe a 120mm CM fan should fit just about barely in that upper side-panel.

Will the SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W PSU be able to support those 5 case fans using molex to 3-pin? Does it have enough molex power connectors??

1manshow

Journeyman
Your motherboard has 3 on-board connectors for Fans. Also the provided fan from NZXT comes with 4 pin Molex connector so I don't think there should be any issue with your extra fans. There are enough Molex connectors supplied with S12II 620W already.

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
Your motherboard has 3 on-board connectors for Fans. Also the provided fan from NZXT comes with 4 pin Molex connector so I don't think there should be any issue with your extra fans. There are enough Molex connectors supplied with S12II 620W already.
Wow cool :-D Keep in mind I'll be using 2 SATA HDDs so maybe some sata molex power cables from the PSU will be used up?

1manshow

Journeyman
There are 6 Peripheral Molex connectors and 9 Sata power connectors. I don't think you will be able to run out of them any soon :p

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
So my current config so far & most probably will be the final config :-D :-

CPU- Intel Core i5 2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

MOBO- ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GPU- MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Graphic Card

RAM- 1 X GSKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL10S-8GBXL

AFTERMARKET COOLER- COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler

CASE FAN- 2 X COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20CR-GP 120mm Red LED Case Fan - TheITWares

CASE FAN- 3 X COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20AC-GP 120mm Blue LED Case Fan

PSU- SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

CASE- NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

OP
W

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
I suggest to go for
Core i5 3450 @ 12.5k
Asus GTX670-DC2T-2GD5 Graphic Card @ 29.5k:twisted:
3450 is a non 'K' Ivy processor so no chance of OC'ing it + All Ivy procs run a lot high on temps & not much benefits in gaming. Hence that's out of question

That GTX 670 you linked is not available from theITwares.com & I'll be buying everything from that site only. I'll be having plenty of case fans installed so my MSI GTX 670 OC'd card should be fine with it's single blower fan.

Top Bottom