Suggestions for new build

hannibal2469

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: General usage, browsing, videogames, movies etc some specifics about the CPU I want the best Intel skylake quad core processor that there is minus the overclocking and hyperthreading i.e basically the skylake equivalent for the Sandybridge I5 2500.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Haven't decided on the budget, but for the sake of this post 50-60k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 10 or 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB is more than enough

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Not yet, but some suggestions are welcome for a 24 inch 1080p monitor

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: speakers, monitor, not buying a graphics card at this point and the MOBO doesn't need to be too fancy just reliable and good quality.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:Know someone who will assemble it for me

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Hyderabad

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:Want a Skylake build for the USB 3.1 and DDR4 support and general future proofing. Also the powersupply and motherboard need to be able to support a high end GPU such as the GTX 970 or 980.

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget - 49k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i5 650014,600
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X2,800
MotherboardMSI H170A PC Mate9,200
MemoryCorsair Vengeance 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB3,500
SSDSamsung 850 EVO 120GB4,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 520w EVO Edition5,900
CabinetCorsair SPEC-013,500
Optical DriveAsus DRW-24D3ST 24X DVD/RW1,100
KB/MouseLogitech MK200800
Total49,800

Last edited:
OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
Budget - 52k (Modified)

ProcessorIntel Core i5 650015,200
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212X2,800
MotherboardMSI H170A PC Mate9,600
MemoryG.Skill Ripjaws V 8GB(4GBx2) 2133Mhz5,100
Internal StorageWD Caviar Blue 1TB3,500
SSDSamsung 850 EVO 120GB4,500
Power SupplySeasonic M12II 520w EVO Edition5,900
CabinetCorsair SPEC-01
Optical Drive
Asus DRW-24D3ST 24X DVD/RW
KB/MouseLogitech MK200800
Total52,000

Hi Sunil thanks for the suggestion, I would like to point out that the power supply and motherboard NEED to support a high end GPU that I would be adding later

Also I have a few questions about your suggestion

Do I really need an aftermarket cooler? wouldn't intel's default cooler suffice?
Also wouldn't some less fancy brand for the ram do just as well? seems like I would be paying more for the brand than the ram??
And I have the same question about the motherboard wouldn't something from intel be cheaper? I don't want to compromise on quality but my question is do I really need something from MSI and Gskill ?

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi Sunil thanks for the suggestion, I would like to point out that the power supply and motherboard NEED to support a high end GPU that I would be adding later

Also I have a few questions about your suggestion

Do I really need an aftermarket cooler? wouldn't intel's default cooler suffice?
Also wouldn't some less fancy brand for the ram do just as well? seems like I would be paying more for the brand than the ram??
And I have the same question about the motherboard wouldn't something from intel be cheaper? I don't want to compromise on quality but my question is do I really need something from MSI and Gskill ?

Seasonic M12II 520w is more than enough for even GTX980.
Yes You need an after market cooler to keep it cool than using the Intel stock cooler.
You can go with Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 ram which is much cheaper.
The cheapest Motherboard you can get in H170 is MSI and B150 is not even recommended at all. So go with MSI H170A PC Mate.
I have updated the table with latest prices accordingly. Do have a look.

OP
H

hannibal2469

Journeyman
Seasonic M12II 520w is more than enough for even GTX980.
Yes You need an after market cooler to keep it cool than using the Intel stock cooler.
You can go with Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 ram which is much cheaper.
The cheapest Motherboard you can get in H170 is MSI and B150 is not even recommended at all. So go with MSI H170A PC Mate.
I have updated the table with latest prices accordingly. Do have a look.

Thanks, also why did you not suggest the I5 6600? if I go with that will I need a better PSU?

- - - Updated - - -

That power supply has only one sata and one molex 4 pin connector, how will that psu power the ssd the hdd and the cd drive??

Top Bottom