1. Budget?
12k.
2. Display type and size?
Any. Size should be big enough for web-browsing
3. Form Factor? bar, slider, flip?
Any
4. Preferred choice of brand?
Any
5. Preferred input method (QWERTY, touchscreen, numpad, touch-n-type).
Qwerty/touchscreen. If available, both.
6. What camera option you want? Please specify need for flash, autofocus, front facing camera.
Any
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
Android
8. Preferred connectivity options (3G, Wifi etc)Please specify clearly.
3G(with HSPA), wifi
9. Preferred applications (Flash, Swype, GPS, etc)?
None
10. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, mails, internet, gaming etc)?
Multimedia(mainly audio), mails, internet, light gaming
11. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?
None
12. Any other info that you want to share
The mobile should have a decent audio quality, call-dropping should be minimal.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Galaxy Pro. touchscreen + QWERTY. but small screen will take away all the Android fun. 3rd option (but nowhere near O1) is Galaxy 551. its a landscape slider.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
nah, not the wildfire.

check these:

1. LG Optimus One (my pick)
2. Samsung Galaxy 551
3. Spice MI-310
4. Nokia C6-01 (if you can increase your budget. not an android but a superb vfm phone).

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ya, I also support @desiibond, forget Wildfire, read the reviews and you'll know why we're not suggesting it. Go for Optimus One :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
We could better open a thread like Mobiles for price range and give like "below 12k, O1" and for 15k, Ace etc. So that someone who might have a clue about things will easily get what he needs rather than opening a new thread and everybody giving the same suggestion.

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
SO going for lg optimus one is what most of you suggest. I read a few reviews and everywhere they were praising this phone.

@desiibond: I can increase my budget, but will the c6-01 be a good choice as Nokia has left Symbian?

OP
V

Vignesh B

Youngling
I have a small tilt towards Android, as I feel it is more customisable and quite a lot of apps and all other pros which you all would be knowing about. So going with LG O1 looks a safe option.
Am open to any other suggestion also.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
SO going for lg optimus one is what most of you suggest. I read a few reviews and everywhere they were praising this phone.

@desiibond: I can increase my budget, but will the c6-01 be a good choice as Nokia has left Symbian?

Where O1 scores over C6-01 and C7:

1. OS and apps (fastest growing OS and hundreds of apps)
2. Price (at 5k less, it's total VFM)
3. Wi-Fi tethering (no need to connect the phone using bluetooth or datacable to use the phone as modem).

Where C6-01 and C7 scores over O1:

1. Display (much much much superior display)
2. multimedia (very good audio quality and superb video clarity, thanks to CBD)
3. Camera
4. Build quality
5. Maps (offline Ovi maps means that you don't have to connect to internet to access maps)

If you have already used or tried S^3 and liked the UI and apps on it, do go ahead with C6-01 or C7. Except for apps and social networking integration, these two are very good devices.

also, look out for HTC Wildfire S and Nokia X7.

noja

Bang! Bang!
Where C6-01 and C7 scores over O1:

5. Maps (offline Ovi maps means that you don't have to connect to internet to access maps)

you don't need internet for maps in optimus one either. Google maps is free and can locate your position no matter which god forsaken place you may be at.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
No need to increase your budget. Just get an Optimus One. There is no better VFM phone than it (Wildfire S included).
Symbian S^3 will please you for two (or maybe three :)) months, after that it gets boring and phone's usability is reduced to just - music, videos and camera. That's what happened to one of my friend, who bought Nokia N8 (now he needs my phone to play angry birds :-D)

noob

Cyborg Agent
are you sure? Google maps is online maps service.

he is right, maps work even with out internet connection. Google Maps caches data and uses same to show if location range is in its data cache.

this is a new feature added with google maps update when Nexus S was launched. Very old news tho.

Top Bottom