Suggestions for a 50k rig please.

HarshSaxena66

Right off the assembly line
So I recently shifted to Calcutta and had to do away with my old PC. I want to get a new one within 50k.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: The computer will mainly be used for photo and video editing, for watching movies and TV shows and for gaming (not high-end gaming, mid-level). So the priority is Photo/Video editing > Movie/TV show watching > Gaming.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: My overall budget is 50k. If I really have to, I can extend it to 60k.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Yes, I do.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 or Windows 8.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB. I also plan to get an additional 1TB External Hard drive (500GB X 2) to store all my movies, photos and tv shows. Please suggest the best possible options for these too. (The EHD's are not part of the budget)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No, I don't need a monitor. I only recent got a 22 inch monitor to double up as my TV and computer.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I need to buy everything else!

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Within a month or two.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: This will be done by an assembler, although if there are any tutorials on the net, I can try.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Calcutta. I don't real have any preference from where I'd buy. I'd do a reccee of the local markets and compare them with online shops and the ones offering me the best price would be my computer parts provider.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I don't have any bias for or against Intel or AMD. So suggest whichever company would be the best for me. Also, I have a lot of Blu-Ray discs, so please suggest a BR player/writer that would fit into the budget.. And another thing, I plan to use this computer for the next 4-5 years at least. My last computer was with me for the 8 years!

Well, first decide a more precis date of purchase. 1-2 months is fr away and prices change every 1-2 week. Start the thread 2-3 before you plan to purchase. Reply with a narrower date.

OP
H

HarshSaxena66

Right off the assembly line
Oh okay. Wasn't completely sure about the buying date at the time of posting this thread. Got the green signal to buy the rig from Dad and will be buying it within a week (or even sooner if possible). Would really appreciate expertise on this topic from the members here. :)

fx 8350 (11000)
Asus M5A97 Evo R2.0 (6900)
G.skill ripjaws or gskill sniper or corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 4 GB x2 (4000) get the cheapest of the three.
WD Blue 1 TB (~3900)
Corsair GS500 (4000)
Sapphice HD7870 (16000)
NZXT Gamma (2500)
Logitech MK200 KB & mouse combo (700)
Asus optical drive (1000)

total: 50000

You may also opt for Sapphire HD7950 (21000) if you can.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Addition to above config if budget can be extended to 60k.

GPU : Sapphire 7950 +5.5k over 7870
PSU : tx650v2 + 1.3k over gs500

Updated total 57k approx

Cilus

laborare est orare
In fact I will be suggesting OP to go with the new HD 7870 XT/LE which is available around 17.6K in mdcomputers.in, even if he can't extend the budget.

Top Bottom