Suggestion on Rig and Graphic card, buying on saturday

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I dont know who recommended you a GB PSU, but IMO you should have gone for a Corsair or Seasonic PSU in the first place.

Anways, wait for the experts to comment, dont just take my view on it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ You're right buddy, Seasonic and Corsair should be chosen instead of Gigabyte PSU.

Regarding the performance of FX-8350, it is actually better choice than i5 3470, considering its gaming performance, Multi-threaded performance and overclocking potential. Power consumption at 100% load is almost 1.6 times higher but at idle state both FX-8350 and i5 3470 consume almost same power.

Also newer games like Far Cry 3, are highly multi-threaded and PileDriver CPUs (architecture name for AMD's 2nd Gen FX Processors) perform really good. Look at the reviews of Crysis 3 which can take advantage of all the 8 Cores of FX-8350 and it is almost smae as the mighty i7 3770K and Dual Core Processors like i3 3220 simply can't keep up...even a A10-5800K is 15 FPS ahead of it with same discrete GPU GTX 680.
So going for a FX-8350 is also a good idea.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
More over if you buy the FX 8350 you get a much better quality Motherboard in the form of Asus M5A97 which is way way better than a Gigabyte B75 based one you have chosen.The M5A97 is far more feature rich.If you look at the Mobos side by side even visually the M5A97 reeks quality. Then with the FX you get a rig that is more powerful since you can overclock the processor when and ever you need to. If someone is not going for a Z77 and 3570K I see no reason why you shouldnt get a FX 8350. Now games are really utilizing the cores.So think about it.

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In
Well as suggested by Cilus and Incernator, if i go with FX8350 review which PSU and what Watts should i get, it should be a budget one but quality PSU. I have already purchased the PSU but will ask for a replacement.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
good luck with asking for a replacement.. go for the Corsair GS600..

S2240L has vga +hdmi while S2240M has vga + dvi. Take whichever suits your needs.

better go with S2240M and save money... over small distances, the loses on DVI and HDMI are negligible.. HDMI is better only if the distances are more than the standard 5m.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Well as suggested by Cilus and Incernator, if i go with FX8350 review which PSU and what Watts should i get, it should be a budget one but quality PSU. I have already purchased the PSU but will ask for a replacement.
PSU budget ?
Anyway, few options;
Corsair GS600, TX650v2
Seasonic 620W

good luck with asking for a replacement.. go for the Corsair GS600..
better go with S2240M and save money... over small distances, the loses on DVI and HDMI are negligible.. HDMI is better only if the distances are more than the standard 5m.

I hope there isnt something else in those two models. 1k extra for hdmi over dvi seems a bit steep.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
PSU budget ?
Anyway, few options;
Corsair GS600, TX650v2
Seasonic 620W

I hope there isnt something else in those two models. 1k extra for hdmi over dvi seems a bit steep.
one more thing when i tried to install the monitor software i got the BSD(blue screen of death) i was freaked out so i didn't install it again........(just wanted to warn u)

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In
Thanks @Gagan for the your valuable input

Thanks @Myth, i think i'll go with GS600 its around 5k

Thanks @Cilus and Incernator: I'm now inclined towards AMD after seeing the motherboard features and ofcourse processor speed + you get an additional bonus of overclocking.

Also i'm thinking of getting Gigabyte 970A-DS3 just to save some money Asus one is almost the same i think in features

Another clarification the RAM it would be same CL9 for both Intel mobos and AMD mobos, just sake of my knowledge i havnt purchased it yet.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
fx 8350 benefits from higher clock RAM(from what i have read) if u can go for 1833 mhz RAM...... otherwise u can go for the 1600mhz one (there won't be much noticeable difference unless u overclock)......

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Thanks @Gagan for the your valuable input

Thanks @Myth, i think i'll go with GS600 its around 5k

Thanks @Cilus and Incernator: I'm now inclined towards AMD after seeing the motherboard features and ofcourse processor speed + you get an additional bonus of overclocking.

Also i'm thinking of getting Gigabyte 970A-DS3 just to save some money Asus one is almost the same i think in features

Another clarification the RAM it would be same CL9 for both Intel mobos and AMD mobos, just sake of my knowledge i havnt purchased it yet.

I would say get the Asus M5A97. It is a very good board ,tried and tested.
CL9 Rams are just perfectly fine,no problem.

SEASONIC ECO SERIES 600W POWER SUPPLY 85% EFFICIENCY (SS600BT) | eBay

Is this good?

Give it a miss. Not inspiring. I couldnt find a single review of that PSU!!! Better get a Corsait TX650V2 for Rs 5600 or a Corsair GS600 atleast.

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In
As far as psu is concerned i'll go with gs600 that would be best.

But for motherboardvthe asus one is 2k more, tht would hinder my budget. Is there any considerable difference between asus qnd gigabyte one?

The combined budget of cpu + mobo is 16k +/- 500.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I understand but the Motherboard being one of the main components and the Asus being a good board, it is very hard to ask you to go and get that Gigabyte. I would say beg borrow or steal but get that beautiful Asus board.

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In
Welll, ok you insist i take your suggestions really seriously just becoz of your reputation and your valuable suggestions you provide on the forum. Thanks for the help.

gagan_kumar

Wise Old Owl
In my opinion u r buying a top end cpu so y not go for a good Mobo...
Buying a good mobo is very crucial for good performance(then again if u r planing to upgrade later it's a different case)...
If u can extend ur budget our buy gpu later

OP
T

terrifficm

Broken In
@gta0gagan: Yup i'm going that way only, will build the rig first and probabaly purchase the card next month or so.

if i dnt buy a GPU, does this Asus motherboard has onboard Graphics, its a noob question i know but these days onboard graphic cards are really few?

Top Bottom